Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Cincinnati!

Traded in my 2013 Abarth for a 2017! I got it with the Luxury package, which I'd originally wanted to forgo, but after seeing the headlights and leather in person, it was definitely the right move.

I've mostly lurked on the 500 Abarth forums, but look forward to being more active over here. I've got a list of improvements for the car on the long term, but so far I'm still getting acclimated.

Look forward to chatting with everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
Welcome. You will find a lot of good information about "improvements." Check your tire pressure as dealers are notorious for leaving them at 50+ pounds.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Looks like we both got new Abarths today. Congratulations to you. I have the luxury package as well. Lol, the 'cross traffic alert' has already beeped at me (while a car was driving by while I was backing out of the driveway today). Even though I live in Southern California, I love heated seats in the winter. Have you tried the Sport Button yet? I love the low end torque and burble.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like we both got new Abarths today. Congratulations to you. I have the luxury package as well. Lol, the 'cross traffic alert' has already beeped at me (while a car was driving by while I was backing out of the driveway today). Even though I live in Southern California, I love heated seats in the winter. Have you tried the Sport Button yet? I love the low end torque and burble.
Congrats to you as well! I didn't think I'd want the blind spot monitor, but its easy to lose a car when the tops up in this.

Coming from the Abarth 500 where the sport button and esc seriously affect the power and throttle, it's muscle memory to always have those switched at start up, even on my test drive!

I'll confess I was hoping for a sound more like my 500 Abarth's, but I'm sure some alterations could bring out what I'm looking for. Who needs a muffler!?

I'm extremely excited to benefit from the Miata scene's experience and market size on suspension and brake upgrades. I'll probably handle all engine mods through Eurocompulsion. Greg, Chris, and Toby at EC know these engines extremely well, and there's lots of exciting products in the works. I know of no other companies that have the knowledge, product quality, or customer service of EC in the US 500 Abarth market, and I have to think that anyone just trying to get in now that the 124 is out is likely going to be years behind. It'd be great to see new minds working on these cars though!

Thinking about the MeisterR coilovers as a first move . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts