Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Advanti wheels 17x7 ET 40mm(14lbs each)...Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires 205/45-17 tires(20 lbs)...H&R springs (1.75" drop front 1.5" drop rear)...Eibach front and rear sway bars...stock shocks...black mirror caps....black seat hoops...black windshield bezel...mud flaps:)

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Is the ET the same as standard wheels?
How's the drive comfort?
Stock wheel is ET 45mm...slightly more aggressive....ride is firmer and flatter but still civil and comfortable...rides well but the stiffness is there when you need it...exactly what a spring should be...;)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Sweet. I see you have a hatchback in the garage. Smart, very smart. ;)

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Pure, I think the car looks great. I am happy you are pleased with the suspension mods since that's my exact recommended combo for a street and occasional track car.

Greg

·
772 Posts
I love the look of the black wheels on the 124 Spider. We did this on our car too. Nice!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Nice car and well chosen improvements.
For me, now you only need 30mm spacers and bigger exhaust tips. :)

Make that "Black" exhaust tips.

How much did the wheels run?

Did you buy the Black trim pieces? I have not done much looking around yet since I don't even have a VIN# yet but hope to start getting stuff soon based on what people are doing.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Make that "Black" exhaust tips.

How much did the wheels run?

Did you buy the Black trim pieces? I have not done much looking around yet since I don't even have a VIN# yet but hope to start getting stuff soon based on what people are doing.
Wheels are available at several vendors...I bought the wheel and tire package at Tire Rack...wheels about $185 each...bought the black trim pieces from Mopar...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Wheels are available at several vendors...I bought the wheel and tire package at Tire Rack...wheels about $185 each...bought the black trim pieces from Mopar...

Very nice job, you are my kinda guy. Some people are "purists" who leave cars 100% stock and I am a "modder" who has to make it my own; each has a right to what they want (or not do) to what they own!

And there might be a set of new Abarth wheels/tires in the classifieds after I get my car.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice job, you are my kinda guy. Some people are "purists" who leave cars 100% stock and I am a "modder" who has to make it my own; each has a right to what they want (or not do) to what they own!

And there might be a set of new Abarth wheels/tires in the classifieds after I get my car.
Honestly...I am not sure how many cars I have had...must be close to 100 over the 47 years...the only vehicles I have kept my hands off of have been the ones my wife has driven...>:)..I am good with whatever anyone does...but for me I say go for it...you only live once and we are not guaranteed tomorrow...seize the day...:D

·
Registered
609 Posts
The more mods the merrier! I even put a K&N Filter and Diablo Sport tune on my wife's Encore, and I wish someone comes out with a hand held tuner for the 124.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The more mods the merrier! I even put a K&N Filter and Diablo Sport tune on my wife's Encore, and I wish someone comes out with a hand held tuner for the 124.
There are a few piggyback units available for the 124...not sure about any full sale tunes yet...some may be close...I run a piggyback(Eurocompulsion Euro+Drive Lite) and have been extremely happy with the results. Do some investigation and you can see the options that are out there already...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts