Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dimensions of stock Abarth Exhaust?

Pictures are from someone interested in doing some mods but we need dimensions...see next post:​

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
We need help with the following dimensions - can anyone help us? Thanks in advance...Bob Z.
I noticed no one had responded, and you may already have the info, but here it is, anyway.

The exhaust pipe leaving the muffler (cut) is exactly 2.0” diameter.

The tips are exactly 3.0” diameter. The total width of the tips is about 6 3/16” - tricky to measure exactly, as my caliper only went to 6”. There’s a gap between the tips of about 3/16”.

I have pictures, but it just shows the above dimensions.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much, and I forwarded this to the guy who is thinking about an exhaust mod.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Wait, which pipe is 2"? The outlet pipes from the muffler to the tips, or is it 2" from the cat back to the muffler inlet, or?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Wait, which pipe is 2"? The outlet pipes from the muffler to the tips, or is it 2" from the cat back to the muffler inlet, or?
The exit of the muffler.

·
Registered
729 Posts
The exit of the muffler.

So if it's 2" coming out of the muffler to the tips, what size is the piping from the cat back into the muffler? Is it smaller than 2"? If so, that's small. Going with bigger piping, even if it's just 2.25", should definitely help with the flow. Guess I'll have to stop by my muffler shop and get this car up on the rack and have a look...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts