Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

541 - 560 of 581 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Painted calipers red - success is in the prep. I like the simple pop of red - gave me a chance to clean the rims like brand new. Pulled my Abarth rims off and added my originals for a little while.

·
Registered
2017 classica in grigo moda meteor grey, autoricambi non res. Focal f51 wheels Eibach Pro springs
57 Posts
68 and sunny!
PXL_20210311_170820340.jpg

Reactions: Stillrollin

·
Registered
468 Posts
Got the winter dust off and took my second drive with the new EC Cross pipe and intake.

Hudson River in the background. Ferry landing where I commuted pre covid. Yeah, WFH doesn’t always suck!
EE12475D-275E-447A-8398-BF03A6EFB3A9.jpeg

Reactions: JCC124

·
Registered
Abarth
91 Posts
Just a bit of snow

Reactions: JCC124

·
Registered
2017/Fiat/124 Spider Abarth
45 Posts
Difficult to see what is under that snow. What an awful thing to do to such a beauty. We get that weather here. My beauty is a summer car.

·
Registered
454 Posts

Reactions: Jody and JCC124

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
804 Posts
Just returned from a drive around horse country north of Dallas.
Lots of beautiful old town squares in towns like Aubrey, Pilot Point, and Celina

Took a picture of my car in front of an abandoned peanut processing plant in Aubrey

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thank you. Yeah I just wanted to die when I saw my car. I have only had it for six months! My Miata got rear ended and totaled on the freeway and now this. I don’t understand how these people get their license in the first place. Anyway sorry for the upsetting pics and the rant, I’m just so distraught and the worst part is I can’t afford a replacement at this time. Maybe I should just take a break for a while.
It could have been worse. At least no one was injured and you have insurance. The insurance company will pay for the car and you can take some time to reevaluate what you want to do. There are plenty of new 2020 Abarths on lots. You might need to travel a little to get exactly what you want but they are there. That's if you want another one.

What color was your Miata? How long ago was your Miata rear ended? Both the 124 and Miata are smaller and low. I wonder if it was a visibility issue? Was it dark out? Maybe they did not see you coming or going? Maybe consider a white or orange 30th Edition.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
321 Posts
Just returned from a drive around horse country north of Dallas.
Lots of beautiful old town squares in towns like Aubrey, Pilot Point, and Celina
View attachment 82694 View attachment 82695 View attachment 82696
Took a picture of my car in front of an abandoned peanut processing plant in Aubrey
View attachment 82697
Wow the stock wheels look amazing in white! Thanks for this I was wondering what white wheels would look like on a white spider. Hoping to replace mine soon!

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
321 Posts
It could have been worse. At least no one was injured and you have insurance. The insurance company will pay for the car and you can take some time to reevaluate what you want to do. There are plenty of new 2020 Abarths on lots. You might need to travel a little to get exactly what you want but they are there. That's if you want another one.

What color was your Miata? How long ago was your Miata rear ended? Both the 124 and Miata are smaller and low. I wonder if it was a visibility issue? Was it dark out? Maybe they did not see you coming or going? Maybe consider a white or orange 30th Edition.

Good luck.
Yeah both were black cars in well lit situations. People in the Bay Area can not drive to save their lives. One rear ended the Miata on the freeway at full speed while I was stopped in traffic the other made an illegal u turn in a blind curve! Both occasions it was idiots doing things they shouldn’t have and both were totally avoidable by the other drivers. Unfortunately I had little control of ether situation or they may have been avoided. I am waiting on insurance to do their thing right now and am eyeing another Abarth but may not be able to afford one. Btw what’s the going rate on a new Abarth well equipped? I want most things but can do without the Bose as I don’t listen to music in the car and I absolutely don’t want leather seats. Thank you for your input and concern, I really love this community!

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
804 Posts
Wow the stock wheels look amazing in white! Thanks for this I was wondering what white wheels would look like on a white spider. Hoping to replace mine soon!
Thanks! Wish I could claim the idea but credit goes to Fiat and their Rally cars

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeah both were black cars in well lit situations. People in the Bay Area can not drive to save their lives. One rear ended the Miata on the freeway at full speed while I was stopped in traffic the other made an illegal u turn in a blind curve! Both occasions it was idiots doing things they shouldn’t have and both were totally avoidable by the other drivers. Unfortunately I had little control of ether situation or they may have been avoided. I am waiting on insurance to do their thing right now and am eyeing another Abarth but may not be able to afford one. Btw what’s the going rate on a new Abarth well equipped? I want most things but can do without the Bose as I don’t listen to music in the car and I absolutely don’t want leather seats. Thank you for your input and concern, I really love this community!
Deals are decent. It depends on which part of the country you are in and the region for factory rebates and incentives. I have seen $2000-$5000 cash rebates. It seems the best deals are on the SE and Texas Gulf regions. I am in the Midwest and know a dealer pretty well. Just limited inventory so I would have to shop outside of my region to get something optioned the way I would want. Not big deal because I don't mind traveling and driving back. I make it a adventure. I have done that with several other cars. Back to the deals. Figure about $6K-$7K off msrp on a new 2020 Abarth with a $36K-$38K msrp. More incentives if you qualify for military, first responder, etc. There's even more. Check if your employer is an Affiliate of FCA and that's worth an additional 2% of invoice off. Or you can join Tread Lightly for $100 and qualify for the additional 2% of invoice. You have to be a member of TL for 30 days so joint now if your employer is not a FCA Affiliate and you want the discount. There is also $500 in FCA or TruCar Direct Market cash incentives. Sign up for Fiat or FCA brochures on the Fiat website. Request a printed brochure. That will register for any Direct Market Cash. Same with TruCar. Go on their site and inquire about a 124 and you should get an activation # for a $500 incentive. There is also 0% X 36 Months in my region this month.

I bet you can buy a brand-new 2020 Abarth for less than $28K-$30K since your not looking for many options. Plus 0% if offered in your region and you qualify.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Drove to Ohio to get my COVID vaccine only to have our &[email protected]“ Governor open things up to 50-plus! It was a great day for a 3 1/2 hour drive each way! I have actual bug splats on the windshield! Spring is coming!!!!:)
My 80+ year old mother is in western NY, and we had a tough time getter her a shot. Driving my Spider to get my second jab next week. Hopefully not too many bugs.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Picked up pizzas. The boxes fit perfectly, as if intended.

·
Registered
2017/Fiat/124 Spider Abarth
45 Posts
My 80+ year old mother is in western NY, and we had a tough time getter her a shot. Driving my Spider to get my second jab next week. Hopefully not too many bugs.
I did not take Babe because we still had snow on the road in February and March. I found my vaccine about 2-1/2 hours away so roundtrip five hours. Of course, now things have opened up a bit and I would not have to travel so far. Glad to have both and am beyond two weeks. Now, tomorrow we have a 70 degree day and after I do a bit of driving, I am going to give Babe her first bath of 2021 just to get the dust off.

541 - 560 of 581 Posts