Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
681 - 697 of 697 Posts

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Lusso Red Top Edition, Automatic, Fashion Gray, Ivory Interior, Bordeaux Top
1,612 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,122 Posts
I don’t believe he designed this building but there are many of his designs in the area. A hotel, and I believe his personal residence are a couple I have encountered.

unless I misunderstood the question, and you were referring to how he blended buildings into their surroundings. And found my car and this building followed the concept.

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Lusso Red Top Edition, Automatic, Fashion Gray, Ivory Interior, Bordeaux Top
1,612 Posts
I don’t believe he designed this building but there are many of his designs in the area. A hotel, and I believe his personal residence are a couple I have encountered.

unless I misunderstood the question, and you were referring to how he blended buildings into their surroundings. And found my car and this building followed the concept.
The building looked like it was - or was inspired by - Wright's Prairie Style.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank you for the vote of confidence. So you say the thermostat is on the back of the block? Thought I saw somewhere it was under the intake manifold. I have installed the harness to the madness ECU on my previous Abarth and it was super tight! Can’t imagine getting anything bigger than that connector out of that spot. Do you happen to have a photo of the thermostat location? If I can see how it’s situated I can figure it out without actually being able to see it. Again thank you so much for responding.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Dropped the drive train in, took the 1000 mile south route to KC, then worked solid for the last weeks at the new job, driving the spider to work, putting another 3500 miles on her. Not a hiccup. It's good to know you can do this yourself and be more reliable than the factory tech.

You wanted some pics of the thermostat on the rear of the 1.4. Here's some pics from the back of the original motor, removed and on the stand. Hopefully they'll help. It'll be tight - but I still wouldn't let the dealer service it. You'll have to do a lot of removal on the firewall. Thermostat is under the casting below the vacuum pump (round "puck") that runs off the cam.

Frankly, might be easier to drop the tranny and do it.....nah. Sounds like something FIAT would direct in their manual. See last pic, lol. It's a clear shot.... once the tranny out of the way.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Gas Nut Automotive air manifold Auto part

Reactions: Magoffin

·
Registered
2017 124 Lusso
101 Posts
Perla at Boulder City, Nevada
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,612 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,122 Posts
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Dropped the drive train in, took the 1000 mile south route to KC, then worked solid for the last weeks at the new job, driving the spider to work, putting another 3500 miles on her. Not a hiccup. It's good to know you can do this yourself and be more reliable than the factory tech.

You wanted some pics of the thermostat on the rear of the 1.4. Here's some pics from the back of the original motor, removed and on the stand. Hopefully they'll help. It'll be tight - but I still wouldn't let the dealer service it. You'll have to do a lot of removal on the firewall. Thermostat is under the casting below the vacuum pump (round "puck") that runs off the cam.

Frankly, might be easier to drop the tranny and do it.....nah. Sounds like something FIAT would direct in their manual. See last pic, lol. It's a clear shot.... once the tranny out of the way.

View attachment 89490 View attachment 89491
I haven’t been on here for a couple days just found your response. Thank you so much for the pictures and suggestions!

·
Registered
2017 124 Lusso
101 Posts
Where are the boulders? I'm not being facetious; wondering how the town got its name.
Hello @Magoffin,

The history started with the Boulder Dam to be later called the Hoover Dam to house the workers there. But, technically the city was named for the Boulder Canyon.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Our turkey day is postponed to Friday for scheduling reasons. Installing stainless steel speed bleeders and rotating tires. Will post later about the speed bleeders.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: fabricio27

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Running errands this afternoon, 48 °F / 9 °C.
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth, Black with Matte finish hood & trunk, red stripes
9 Posts
Share a picture of your Fiat 124 Spider right now. Doesn't have to be a perfect picture. It could be anywhere and in any state or condition.

Please follow the guidelines below:

• Picture is taken from the last hour
  • Post a minimum of 1 picture and maximum up to 5
  • Do not stage car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Walmart parking lot!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yes! Everyday errands in the Spider, the best!

681 - 697 of 697 Posts