Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year to all 124 Spider owners.

Just joined the forum and would like to know more about how many of the above types are still licenced in the UK.

I believe mine is the 664th from the end of production based on the chassis number although it was not initially registered until 1989.

Best wishes

Mike (West Sussex, England)

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow pininfarina spidereuropa owner in the UK.

What's your chassis number then? Mine is ZFR124DS005511043 and it is a "1985.5" spidereuropa, or "azzurra" in the US, hence the private plate I have on it. Yours has wheels that look similar to the Speeedline 15" wheels fitted to the Volumex (supercharged) version, except is has too many "holes" (12 vs. 8), no "bolts" and no red Abarth scorpion wheel centres. Maybe you have the original 8 spoke 14" Cromodora wheels?

If the last chassis number is 5511940 (from globallistics.com/spiderswebgb/specificatiesgb.html ) then yours must be 5511276?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the chassis number ends 11276.

The alloys on the car are "Ronals" and slightly smaller in diameter than the original "Cromodora" wheels which I also have in pristine condition.
The Pininfarina is a European specification car and was originally sold new in Germany and remained in the dealer showroom for 4 years.
A delightful car which attracts a lot of attention from the public who either do not recognise it or are further confused by the "P" rather than "F" insignias.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mike - We have just taken in a car which is almost identical to yours and as we have not yet prepared it for sale or taken any photographs yet, we wanted to use your two photo's for our advert (number plate painted out) until we can replace them with our own, so only temporary and I hope you dont mind?
If you do mind, please email us at [email protected] and we will remove them of course!
Many thanks
Garry Shortt - Managing Director

·
Registered
446 Posts
Corrected link: Well those pics on there now are of my car, taken for a feature in AutoItalia magazine, it's also B-reg but re-registered as A22URA. @Classic Chrome Ltd You guys at Classic Chrome obviously used to know Paul at DTR when it was close by? Is this the Spider that DTR had for quite a while that was eventually sold a few years ago, now up for sale again, wasn't it owned by the Ferrari club UK president or something?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just took delivery of 5511905 - likely one of the last delivered in the America
It will be the other end of my collection 1966 RHD 124 - likely the earliest 124 in America

... the 85 next to my 69

1 - 8 of 8 Posts