Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I really didn't like the black plastic engine cover, I sanded the silver and shiny areas. and then applied wrinkle finish black to it. Turned out pretty good and will work until someone comes up with a nice CF one.

I'll take a pic of it over the weekend.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So I really didn't like the black plastic engine cover, I sanded the silver and shiny areas. and then applied wrinkle finish black to it. Turned out pretty good and will work until someone comes up with a nice CF one.

I'll take a pic of it over the weekend.
I did the duplicolor carbon-fiber on my engine and fuse box covers, turned out pretty nice.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Is there an interest in carbon fiber engine covers for this car? I ask because we do make those. Here is our cover and Intake on the 500 Abarth:

Greg
That does look pretty quality. Maybe tally up how many people will want one to see if it's worth it ?

·
Super Moderator
1,018 Posts
What is the function of the engine cover? Other than maintaining cleanliness? I like looking at engines!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think mostly to cover up how hideous most modern engines are, you've got loads of wiring, hoses, emissions stuff, fuel rails. Underneath the cover of this is just a cluttered mess.

What is the function of the engine cover? Other than maintaining cleanliness? I like looking at engines!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts