Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can you get replacement plastic rivets like the ones that hold down the liner in the trunk? I'd like to add some sound insulation and from what I hear these things break fairly easily. I'm afraid to ask the Fiat dealer since they charged me 15 bucks for a single lug nut!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Try amazon. It's a tough slog to find replacements. I found almost exact match for the fender liner rivets, but it was specced for a completely different vehicle.

I don't think you'll find an exact match, but an almost exact match; probably a lower quality. But, the ones in the trunk are pretty fragile, anyway.

·
Registered
549 Posts
100 years ago when I worked for an autoparts place.. we used ot sell those buttons and clips in selection packs to body shops.
maybe that's a route to go

know anyone in the body work biz?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I know you don't have them where you are...but we have local type home depot/ace hardware that sells those type of connectors. try yours maybe? Or amazon? or aliexpress?

or you can try these guys....you may have to look under Mazda to get what you need?

https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all! Yep, it's hard to find things in the stores these days unless it's a greatly demanded item. I'll follow the links and suggestions...and all are appreciated!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Where can you get replacement plastic rivets like the ones that hold down the liner in the trunk? I'd like to add some sound insulation and from what I hear these things break fairly easily. I'm afraid to ask the Fiat dealer since they charged me 15 bucks for a single lug nut!
Let us know how the project goes..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Autozone has some that will fit. Take one to the counter and they will point you in the right direction. Also get the removal tool so you can reuse them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Autozone has some that will fit. Take one to the counter and they will point you in the right direction. Also get the removal tool so you can reuse them.

Thanks. I went by there yesterday and asked about grommets for the new cocoa mats I ordered that didn't have holes for the floor posts. They didn't have any, but I made some holes and they fit fine.... I'll go back when I get a chance to look for the rivets. If they don't have them, Ace may have some that will work. Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts