Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im pretty sure im not the only one who has asked for help on INSTALLATION of the RED mirror caps. should i take these to be professionally installed? if so where do i go? or should i just wing it and try to install myself. feedback much appreciated:oops::unsure:

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
This is super easy lol, just take the cap off carefully (use plastic pry opening tools) and be sure to open and pull evenly, not just on one spot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the information as im sure you do, i love my baby 124 don't want to shatter the mirror due to carelessness but at least i know now it can be done by myself

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
thank you for the information as im sure you do, i love my baby 124 don't want to shatter the mirror due to carelessness but at least i know now it can be done by myself
We’re talking about just the mirror cap right?

Here you go

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much minidreamcar may god bless u for posting this video and helping me. I should be receiving the caps this week. Now after your video I'm much more confident that I can replace the factory caps with the red ones by myself. I post later on this week once they r installed.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Yup, the video shows the way to go. Super easy, fast, and pretty much no risk of breaking anything.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you so much cdpond!!! im so excited to put these mirror caps on. your abarth is beautiful and those red mirror caps look outstanding on your baby 124!!! so basically if i break the mirror im just an idiot lol

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
thank you so much cdpond!!! im so excited to put these mirror caps on. your abarth is beautiful and those red mirror caps look outstanding on your baby 124!!! so basically if i break the mirror im just an idiot lol
You won't break the mirror. In fact, the only thing you might potentially damage are the plastic pins on the inside of your existing mirror caps, but if you do the work in a warm location on a warm day, you reduce the risk of that to nearly zip. If it were cold and brittle it wouldn't have as much flex in the plastic, so cold temps would not be your friend. I did mine in my garage on a warm early summer day, and it went swimmingly well.

You won't break anything on the mirror housing itself, nor will you risk the glass in any manner. You literally just fold the mirror housing in towards the side window, then with clean (non sweaty) hands, firmly grip the back of the cap as the guy shows in the video, and start pulling firmly and smoothly.... they pop right off. Then the new ones just click in place. You'll be amazed how easy it is. Which from a theft potential is a disconcerting thought, but I think the risk is low. :)

Thanks for the compliment on my baby. She's itching for spring to arrive so she can get out of the garage and do some highway prancing. lol Slogging through the snow in the SUV just isn't the same kind of experience...

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
By the way where did you buy the red mirror caps from? Link?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i checked the tracking and the red mirror caps should be delivered tomorrow or actually later today. im very confident now i can do this by myself cdpond. i really appreciate your help man. cant wait to post a pic with them on and hopefully nothing broken lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
minidreamcar i am probably the most ghetto fabulous frugal person u will meet. im constantly happy when i find the best deals. my momma taught me well. i think i got the lowest price on ebay. just search for fiat 124 spider red mirror caps.i got these for 106 dollars but now there is a listing for even cheaper. the seller i ordered from sold out of the item. he sold more than 60 to 80 if memory serves me right. the new listing has already sold 30 units. r u thinking about buying?

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
minidreamcar i am probably the most ghetto fabulous frugal person u will meet. im constantly happy when i find the best deals. my momma taught me well. i think i got the lowest price on ebay. just search for fiat 124 spider red mirror caps.i got these for 106 dollars but now there is a listing for even cheaper. the seller i ordered from sold out of the item. he sold more than 60 to 80 if memory serves me right. the new listing has already sold 30 units. r u thinking about buying?
can you post the link?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that is an amazing deal for all 3 abarth items unfortunately i have the lusso so i can only buy the red mirror caps other 2 items will not fit my trim

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
that is an amazing deal for all 3 abarth items unfortunately i have the lusso so i can only buy the red mirror caps other 2 items will not fit my trim
If you like the look of the red front trim bits, take a photo of the front of your car, and then photoshop it to colour you tow hook cover and lower trim line red. If you think you like it, purchase some plastidip or equivalent red paint and pop the tow hook cap off and paint it.... and then for the lower trim, you could mask and paint, or consider using either a film application or coloured tape to apply red to that area.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i would love to install the rest of the abarth trim with the eye tow and the low front bumper in red too. i think it looks amazing with the nero cinema black color. thank you for the advice cpond

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
i would love to install the rest of the abarth trim with the eye tow and the low front bumper in red too. i think it looks amazing with the nero cinema black color. thank you for the advice cpond
Well, the Abarth tow hook cover wouldn't fit on your vehicle... completely different shape for the socket it fits in. But you already have the red 124 Spider tow hook cover, so all that would be left is the lower front trim. The mirror caps look great! Nice work...

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I think imma buy the bullet. Any other opinions on $190 for the veleno set?
Any idea how the bumper trim is installed?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts