Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire...will it work?? Do the holes match up?? If I buy one, do I need four hole or five hole?? I know it's only 16" and I have 17" tires, but I'm looking to just carry it in trunk on short trip from Austin to Dallas, as insurance..

Thanks...;)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Tire...will it work?? Do the holes match up?? If I buy one, do I need four hole or five hole?? I know it's only 16" and I have 17" tires, but I'm looking to just carry it in trunk on short trip from Austin to Dallas, as insurance..

Thanks...;)
From Ameridan:

Wheel Bolt Pattern: 4 x 100 PCD (same as MX-5)
Wheel Inset: 45 mm
Wheel Offset: 45 mm
Center Bore: 67.1 mm
Lug Nut threads: M12 x 1.5
Lug Nut Torque (min/max): 65/87 ft.-lb.
Wrench socket for lug nuts: 21 mm (13/16″)

·
Registered
480 Posts
I would advise getting a miata spare, just to be sure.... also be sure to check to see if you have a jack and tools, it seems like they decided to do a jack delete in mine (I am sure it is a performance enhancement since it is an abarth)....

·
Registered
351 Posts
No spare or jack in a Lusso, either.

Most people will never use the spare in the life of the car. If it's a slow leak, use the air compressor to get you to the tire shop. If it's a complete blowout, call AAA.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I would advise getting a miata spare, just to be sure.... also be sure to check to see if you have a jack and tools, it seems like they decided to do a jack delete in mine (I am sure it is a performance enhancement since it is an abarth)....
I don't think the ND Miatas have a spare either. None of the 124s do in the U.S. And in my case, I've placed a subwoofer in the trunk so no room for the spare. (but room for passenger legs). I'm with TomM on this one.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I don't think the ND Miatas have a spare either. None of the 124s do in the U.S. And in my case, I've placed a subwoofer in the trunk so no room for the spare. (but room for passenger legs). I'm with TomM on this one.
chances are the NB spare should work, and their availability should be pretty good. i have not tried the actual fitting of my NB spare, but the bolt pattern is the same. i have not checked the brake clearance. it should fit pretty well in the sump of the trunk. i don't know about the bolt pattern of the NC. also the jack appears to fit into the wheel well panel of my 124.

·
Registered
34 Posts
chances are the NB spare should work, and their availability should be pretty good. i have not tried the actual fitting of my NB spare, but the bolt pattern is the same. i have not checked the brake clearance. it should fit pretty well in the sump of the trunk. i don't know about the bolt pattern of the NC. also the jack appears to fit into the wheel well panel of my 124.
I have an NB space saver spare and while I fitted the jack, I was amazed at how tiny the wheel was compared to the Abarth wheels. No way would the space saver clear the brakes and even if it did, the diameter is so much smaller, it wouldn't be an option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts