Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unnecessary mod I'll rarely see, didn't know I needed until I saw it. The black one is the new one, the grey one is the stock item for comparison:

Another delightful upgrade sourced from @ssh16 's web store:

Clear Turn Signal Repitors LED Lights with Sequential Feature

I wasn't sure from the photo there but it seemed like the LED's would light up in three groups; that's not the case, they're more progressive. In these two videos you should see them begin and end with a blink at normal speed, with slo-mo in the middle to try to make it easier to see the LEDs lighting up in sequence.

Also available in dark grey lenses, quality seems first-rate as per usual for his items.

Use yah blinkah

·
Registered
50 Posts
People were getting these on Aliexpress for like 20$ until they started getting bought out by large orders ?

They restocked but I guess they took it as a sign how popular they are and now they're $40, so it's probably worth paying $10 to get it sooner. There's a non-sequential and smoked ones for people who just want LEDs without the animation though

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
People were getting these on Aliexpress for like 20$ until they started getting bought out by large orders ?

They restocked but I guess they took it as a sign how popular they are and now they're $40, so it's probably worth paying $10 to get it sooner. There's a non-sequential and smoked ones for people who just want LEDs without the animation though
Yup, I can vouch for that. I ordered from AliExpress, and theoretically should arrive by this coming weekend. I swapped out my OEM lights for smoked black LEDs this past summer, and just this February ordered the sequentials. With AliExpress, they were back-ordered and way exceeded their normally horrendously slow delivery times. I think this will be close to 6 weeks from when I ordered them.

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
Update: Arrived in the mail on Friday, so today I plan on swapping them into the Spider and see how they look. A long wait, but if they work, well worth it.

Reactions: SJWhiteley

·
Registered
2017 arbath ,Dv+ , ptp lava turbo blank, ECv4 intake, madness power pedal plus, CS vent mount phone
12 Posts
I put them in also ... they do a little run when you unlock the car

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
Based on the video on the Ali site, I was sort of expecting them to flash so rapidly that the sequential effect would be largely lost. But I'm happy to say that's not the case at all, they cascade at a nice speed that's very aesthetically pleasing. Have already gotten a few compliments at both the dealership's service department, as well as from some local Fiat friends. Well worth the money, and the 5 minutes it might have taken to put them in.

Reactions: Mike34

·
Registered
74 Posts
This looks interesting. Still nothing on sequential tail lamps, but progressive side turn signals are in the ball park. I'll check out the link.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Went with MX5Things for the progressive repeater rather than AliExpress. Also picked up a piece to overlay the airbag warning on the lower dash. A nice touch.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Items arrived pretty quick, that was nice. Still looking for install instrux though. Nothing in the box, and I don't find instrux at the site.

Probably just overlooking it, will check again later with fresh eyes.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's in your manual, look for "Side Direction Indicator Lights".

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Items arrived pretty quick, that was nice. Still looking for install instrux though. Nothing in the box, and I don't find instrux at the site.

Probably just overlooking it, will check again later with fresh eyes.
While the lights can be removed from the outside of the car, I recommend pulling back the wheel well liner the first time, to get your hand behind to 'help' the light come out. It can be pretty stiff, and you don't want to resort to a tool, unnecessarily, and end up scratching something.

Reactions: CDPond

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
While the lights can be removed from the outside of the car, I recommend pulling back the wheel well liner the first time, to get your hand behind to 'help' the light come out. It can be pretty stiff, and you don't want to resort to a tool, unnecessarily, and end up scratching something.
X2 It takes just a few minutes to do each side. I don't even have to turn my wheels to access the fitting behind the wheel well shroud. Pop out the outer four holding pins on the rear portion of the wheel well shroud, reach up inside the fender and push the fitting back towards the rear of the car and it will then pop out of its hole in the fender. Unplug the OEM fitting, plug in the replacement, clip the fitting back into the fender, and reinsert the four holding pins to hold the wheel well shroud in place. Done. Repear on other side of car.

NB The owner's manual instruction for replacing the item mentions removing a fifth pin that sits behind the tire itself. I've found it's not necessary to do that, especially if it's warm as the plastic shroud is pretty flexible.

Reactions: CXXIV

·
Registered
270 Posts
if you push the unit to one side it pops right out.. harder to separate the wiring harness than pulling the unit out of the side panel..

In the very last picture, the grey or black tab on the right side is flexible and pushes in for easy removal.

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
if you push the unit to one side it pops right out.. harder to separate the wiring harness than pulling the unit out of the side panel..

In the very last picture, the grey or black tab on the right side is flexible and pushes in for easy removal.
I personally wouldnt risk my paint finish to go at it that way, but others might. For the couple of extra minutes it takes to do it in a way that avoids that risk is worth my time. Others obviously have a higher risk tolerance level than I do. lol :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I personally wouldnt risk my paint finish to go at it that way, but others might. For the couple of extra minutes it takes to do it in a way that avoids that risk is worth my time. Others obviously have a higher risk tolerance level than I do. lol :)
Yes, until you know exactly how much force is necessary, I do think it's a good idea to take the couple of minutes extra. Of course, if you break the light you are going to chuck away, then it's no big deal, bu you don't want to scratch or bend the fender.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts