Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started using Prolong, https://prolongsuperlubricants.com/pages/about-us
on my 2005 Corolla before I got my spider. My neighbor, a highly competent technical guy, turned me onto it telling me about the ad he saw where an engine treated with Prolong ran without oil for hours without any damage.
Also this paragraph from their website:

"Prolong first reached the average car owner through the exceptionally effective “Million Dollar Challenge” TV infomercial which featured the unforgettable “sand in the engine” demonstration driving a red Viper around the Willow Springs track in the scalding Southern California desert. The half-hour show aired over 100,000 times and achieved astounding recognition and response."

Should I consider using it in the spider?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Run Amsoil and be done.

Reactions: hefbadr

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't use any products because i am still under warranty. I use that lucas snot stuff in my junkers because it does a wonderful job of quieting down clackety tappets. Our cars have a rather specific oil called out for them and my inclination is to trust fiat engineering that their spec is fairly optimized for our cars. Instead of additives I change my oil every 5,000 miles and put the used oil in my beat up Toyota truck with 273,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I gave a shot of SEAFOAM, it will clean the jets and it's a gas stableiser.
for the winter.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I use the Prolong spray lubricant in my shop, love the stuff. Have never put anything into any of my cars except for STP back in the 60s, and Seafoam a few years ago. Have put nothing in my Lusso and probably won't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts