Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I posted in the Australia section and probably should have said hi here!

I currently have a modified Jeep Wrangler 2 door and there is also a Jaguar F-Pace in the garage (photos of both attached!)

My wife has always hated the Jeep and refused to drive it. I've had it 5 years but after about 3 years I lost interest in off-roading and got into other hobbies and these days it doesn't touch the dirt. So now I've started looking around for something else. Had to be a convertible, I've always had them and love driving them. I quite like the idea of an MX-5, but they are far too common. So when I heard about the Abarth 124 Spider, I was very interested. I've never had a roadster, not sure I have ever even sat in one, but the youtube videos of this car look pretty fun. Anyway, I'm test driving one this week so we'll see how that works out. My wife is also favorable towards the Spider so that's a bonus!

Thanks for having me on the forum.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,933 Posts
Hey there, glad to have you on the forum!

Nice looking Jeep! If you can, test drive the Abarth and the Lusso/Classica back to back. When driving the Abarth, put it in sport mode (don't forget!) by holding the sport mode button until "Sport" illuminates on the gear selector.

Don't be scared to throw the car into a corner, the stability control is very good and the car is very predictable. Have fun with it, I know I did. I couldn't stop smiling on my first two test drives, and my wife loves it too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there, glad to have you on the forum!

Nice looking Jeep!
Thanks - hope the dealer thinks so too as I would prefer to trade it in rather than sell privately!

If you can, test drive the Abarth and the Lusso/Classica back to back.
In Australia, the Abarth is the only option - so that's once decision less to make!

When driving the Abarth, put it in sport mode (don't forget!) by holding the sport mode button until "Sport" illuminates on the gear selector.

Don't be scared to throw the car into a corner, the stability control is very good and the car is very predictable. Have fun with it, I know I did. I couldn't stop smiling on my first two test drives, and my wife loves it too.
Thanks - good to know.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Welcome from a Melbourne owner. :) Looking forward to hearing what you think!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I just cut a deal on an A124 at the Nunawading dealer

Awesome deal and lovely guys to deal with. They are very keen to shift stock this month

Recommend you get down there soon

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Awesome deal and lovely guys to deal with. They are very keen to shift stock this month

Thanks mate - I have commented on your facebook pic too. What kind of deal were you able to tease out of them? PM me please if you don't want to say in public! Thanks :)

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts

Well...we can't say you haven't done due diligence :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts