Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for some recommendations to protect my ABS plastic on the exterior of the vehicle.

I live in Arizona so turtle Wax is not an option it's gone in a week. Looking for something to really condition the plastic.

Any ideas? Also do you guys recommend some kind of a top "conditioner" for UV as well?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Lusso Red Top Edition, Automatic, Fashion Gray, Ivory Interior, Bordeaux Top
1,631 Posts
303 might be good in arid Arizona. Around here, it makes a mess of streaks when it gets wet.

I've been getting great results with Car Guys Plastic Restorer. It's safe to use on new plastic and provides UV protection.

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Lusso Red Top Edition, Automatic, Fashion Gray, Ivory Interior, Bordeaux Top
1,631 Posts
Kentucky. It rains 120 days a year here on average. I used 303 on my BMW F800GT motorcycle's plastic panniers and it looked like the dog's breakfast when it got wet. Very noticeable streaks. I remember seeing photos of a guy's pickup truck tonneau cover and it was the same thing. There's a review on Amazon: "Works really well...until it rains."

·
Registered
533 Posts
My guess would be you might be applying too much product. Or possibly letting wet product sit on the surface wet to dry on it's own.
From the directions on the label:
"Spray surface with product and WIPE COMPLETELY DRY with a clean, dry microfiber towel."
Also on the label:
"If streaking occurs too much product has been used. Use a wet towel to remove excess, and immediately wipe completely dry. NOTE: This product does not air dry."
Just throwing this out there because I know of several individuals who use 3030 PROTECTANT and none of them have ever mentioned having any issues with regards to this product and you are the first I've run into who has an issue with streaking, wet or dry.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Maybe so. I was buffing it off, but the panniers had a micro-grain to them so maybe that was the problem.

My babies, still have the red one.

Reactions: 2020 Nordamericano

·
Registered
1,631 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know this sounds nuts, but it works. Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Coating. Spray some on a cloth or wax applicator and hit all of the black trim. Also removes wax/polish splatter. I wouldn’t use it on the interior though- it has a really strong odor. It looks great and lasts a long time.

Reactions: Magoffin
1 - 14 of 14 Posts