Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Vendor
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You know what would be cool? If they could silkscreen a logo or something on the part that covers the rear window, like the Abarth shield, the Abarth scorpion, "124 Spider" for those non-Abarth owners, or even the ability to personalize it, like a license plate. I'm probably going to order one anyway, but thought having an option like that would be cool, I'd get an Abarth shield if I could...
That would definitely be cool! That's something we would definitely love to look into but would ultimately bring the cost up.

Just ordered a spiderdome for my 2018 Russo red 124 Abarth.
Thank you!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I ordered one of these, and used it for the first time last week. Fits great, put the front edge under the wiper arms, put the rear edge so the trunk closes on top of it, Velcro around the mirrors and door handles, and you're good to go. The only place where there was some slack, and the cover was flapping up a little bit, was in the area around the back corners of the top. This didn't concern me too much, because that's a solid wall of convertible top underneath, so definitely no harm to the inside. But the front glass, side windows, and rear window are covered snugly, and will keep the interior and the top from getting sun damaged. Doesn't take up much space in the trunk, and if I park it where it will be outside for a while, like at work, it's definitely going on. Good investment!

Now about a silkscreened logo...!

·
Premium Member
2017 Abarth
163 Posts
The SpiderDOME by SILA Concepts has been newly Upgraded and revised for an even better value!
I bought one in October of last year and like it, though I wished the gray/silver fabric pictured earlier were available and the inside were softer. Can you tell us what the "deluxe" upgrades/revisions are?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Just a few weeks short of owning this cover for a year and I have nothing but praise for it. The cover does not in any way mar the painted surfaces. I do like the simplicity of using it. Very quick on/off/storage. If it ever wears out (I don’t think that will ever happen) I’m getting another right away. It took on heck of a buzzard bomb hit protecting my top perfectly. Took it home and with car wash soap, soft brush and the garden hose it came clean. Air dry on the clothes line and right back on the car it went. Thankless job of catching bird poop, it does.

·
Vendor
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just a few weeks short of owning this cover for a year and I have nothing but praise for it. The cover does not in any way mar the painted surfaces. I do like the simplicity of using it. Very quick on/off/storage. If it ever wears out (I don?t think that will ever happen) I?m getting another right away. It took on heck of a buzzard bomb hit protecting my top perfectly. Took it home and with car wash soap, soft brush and the garden hose it came clean. Air dry on the clothes line and right back on the car it went. Thankless job of catching bird poop, it does.
Glad to hear that the cover is working out for you!;)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
How could I say no!
Ordered...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ordered ?

·
Vendor
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)

The new SpiderDOME by SILA Concepts is an excellent way to quickly cover your FIAT 124 Spider and keep the interior cool and protected from harmful UV Rays.

Highest quality half cover for the FIAT 124!

This custom fit cover takes seconds to put on and stores easily in a built in pouch when not in use.

Product Link
https://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-spider-car-cover-spiderdome-deluxe-pid4415

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
@MADNESS Autoworks

Are the straps by the sideview mirrors elastic (non removable) or velcro (open the strap to wrap around the mirror)?

aloha mike

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
Mahalo @Phillip33

I have a different manufacturers version is why I asked. I had to extend the velcro loops on the door handles to work with the top up. They work great, except sometimes the wind catches it and undoes the mirror straps. Madness version looks like a better fit. Only issue is its not red...hehe...mine is...of course!

aloha mike

Reactions: jetlag

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
@Mike34. The fit is really good and installation is really easy. My only complaint is that it is black. I think a white color would have been better in the sun belt. The black is only good if you’re looking for your car in the snow.

Aloha,
Dan

·
Vendor
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
@Mike34
@depotdan has the Sila cover and the straps around the mirrors and the door handles are strap with velcro non elastic.
@MADNESS Autoworks

Are the straps by the sideview mirrors elastic (non removable) or velcro (open the strap to wrap around the mirror)?

aloha mike

Thank you.

The straps are an elastic with velcro to hook around the mirrors and then hold it in place.

If there are any other questions feel free to contact us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 1st add-on for my 124 this cover is a no brainer. Fit, finish, and fabric are all good. Goes on and comes off quickly. Currently using under full car cover for added top protection.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I love my SpiderDome, off and on quickly and I've had no experience with it coming off of the mirrors. Folds up small enough to store in the cubby behind the Pax seat, so I always have it with me with no loss of trunk space.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Received my half cover from Madness Autoworks.

The cover is beautiful and functional, but it has unsightly blemishes on the logo. Those of use who care enough about our cars to buy this cover also care about details like smudged ink on the logo.

Madness hasn't responded to my 7/26/19 email nor my 7/29/19 private conversation on this forum. My requested remedy was a replacement or a 50% refund and I'll keep the defective one.

Is it typical for them to ghost customers when there's a product issue?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Epilogue. I finally reached someone by phone. The representative on the phone was very helpful, but unable to directly offer corrective action. He said he’d pass my information to a manager who would call me back. I was contacted by the sales manager, who said he would work it out with the cover manufacturer. He came back to me with an offer of replacement, or I keep it and get a$15 refund, or I keep it and get a $25 store credit. Final resolution: I keep the cover and Madness gives me a $15 refund and a $10 store credit. I'm good with it!

By the way, the cover does leave vapor residue on the windshield in the shape of the SILA Concepts logo.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Premature postulation. My comment was similar to one posted earlier in the thread. Storage in the cubbies behidn the seats. Makes sense.

·
Vendor
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
@Magoffin,

Glad we were able to get you squared away! We apologize for the inconvenience!

We've been working on a ton of projects here that we have not had much time to check forums much.

If there's ever any concerns or questions, please feel free to reach out to us directly.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts