Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Vendor
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Highest quality half cover for the FIAT 124!

Newly Upgraded and revised for an even better value!

The new SpiderDOME by SILA Concepts is an excellent way to quickly cover your FIAT 124 Spider and keep the interior cool and protected from harmful UV Rays.

For the full details, or to get the SpiderDOME and start protecting your FIAT 124 please visit the link below:
FIAT 124 Spider Car Cover - SpiderDOME Deluxe - 500 MADNESS - Auto Parts and Accessories

·
Vendor
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
This custom fit cover takes seconds to put on and stores easily in a built in pouch when not in use.

Newly Upgraded and revised for an even better value!

The new SpiderDOME by SILA Concepts is an excellent way to quickly cover your FIAT 124 Spider and keep the interior cool and protected from harmful UV Rays.

To get the SpiderDOME and start protecting your FIAT 124 please visit the link below:
FIAT 124 Spider Car Cover - SpiderDOME Deluxe - 500 MADNESS - Auto Parts and Accessories

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
427 Posts
I use the Spiderdome and I love it. It’s also VERY hydrophobic.

·
Vendor
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I use the Spiderdome and I love it. It’s also VERY hydrophobic.
Project124,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are always happy to hear from fellow enthusiasts who are enjoying our products.

If you need any assistance please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly, we will be happy to help you.

·
Vendor
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

·
Registered
632 Posts
So I was searching the web, for info on a small cover I found in the trunk of the 124, when I brought it home.
(Also in the trunk: a full size factory Abarth cover, all weather floor mats/trunk liner, and the factory bright dead peddle)
And that lead me here...Are there instructions that go with it? Cleaning, folding, etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have one. Works well, although I wish it covered more of the vent area between the hood and windshield to keep debris from accumulating there.

I don't think it matters how you fold it, and I've tossed mine in the washing machine. One of the white letters started coming off, so I suspect over time and with more washes they'll come off.

·
Vendor
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
So I was searching the web, for info on a small cover I found in the trunk of the 124, when I brought it home.
(Also in the trunk: a full size factory Abarth cover, all weather floor mats/trunk liner, and the factory bright dead peddle)
And that lead me here...Are there instructions that go with it? Cleaning, folding, etc.
Hello Bob,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The SpiderDome does not have an instruction sheet.

Typically when we have to clean ours we will place it in the sink or large wash tub with warm or cold water and some mild detergent (simple green) and agitate it by hand. If you have heavy tree sap a soft sponge can be used on more persistent areas.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if there is anything else we can help you with.

·
Vendor
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
The SpiderDOME by SILA Concepts is an excellent way to quickly cover your FIAT 124 and keep the interior cool and protected from harmful UV Rays.

Designed to protect from dirt, rain, snow, ice, tree sap, sunlight/ UV Rays this custom fit car cover helps keep the interior cool and keeps valuables away from prying eyes.

To view the full product details on the SpiderDOME for your FIAT 124 please visit the link below:
FIAT 124 Spider Custom Vehicle Cover - SpiderDOME - 500 MADNESS - Auto Parts and Accessories

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
471 Posts
Three years later my cover still looks great and is on the car almost always when it's parked at home.

Question for you guys...any recommendations for a shop that is like yours but in the SF Bay Area? Someone who knows audio and upholstery as well.

·
Vendor
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Three years later my cover still looks great and is on the car almost always when it's parked at home.

Question for you guys...any recommendations for a shop that is like yours but in the SF Bay Area? Someone who knows audio and upholstery as well.
Hello Prosecco,

Thank you for your feedback on your SpiderDome. Very happy to hear it has served you well these years.

I called our Team in the Signal Hill to ask if they knew of an upholstery/audio shop they could recommend.

He said they don't know of any in the SF Bay Area, and they haven't worked with any as it is a good distance from them.

He did advise checking out some local groups be it facebook/yelp/etc and seeing what other's closer to you have experienced.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
471 Posts
Hello Prosecco,

Thank you for your feedback on your SpiderDome. Very happy to hear it has served you well these years.

I called our Team in the Signal Hill to ask if they knew of an upholstery/audio shop they could recommend.

He said they don't know of any in the SF Bay Area, and they haven't worked with any as it is a good distance from them.

He did advise checking out some local groups be it facebook/yelp/etc and seeing what other's closer to you have experienced.
Thanks for the reply. I'll dig around here locally...I'm wondering if I need to look for people that work on MX-5's. There are a mess of them up here. One of the Bay Area dealers service guys asked me if my car was American this past week (replacing an interior item that was under warranty). That didn't give me any confidence in them whatsoever. I mean, I get that the badge says "Abarth" and not "Fiat", but really???

Yeah, the cover was one of the best purchases ever. Cheers!

·
Vendor
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

·
Vendor
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·

·
Vendor
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
The SpiderDOME by SILA Concepts is an excellent way to quickly cover your FIAT 124 and keep the interior cool and protected from harmful UV Rays.

Designed to protect from dirt, rain, snow, ice, tree sap, sunlight/ UV Rays this custom fit car cover helps keep the interior cool and keeps valuables away from prying eyes.

To view the full product information on the SpiderDOME by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 124 Spider please visit the link below:
FIAT 124 Spider Custom Vehicle Cover - SpiderDOME

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
@MADNESS Autoworks Any tips on keeping the cover in place if the wind picks up? I had it strapped to mirrors and door handles, and placed under the wipers. The trunk / boot stayed put on the right side, but I almost wish it had pulled out of there, too.

·
Vendor
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
@MADNESS Autoworks Any tips on keeping the cover in place if the wind picks up? I had it strapped to mirrors and door handles, and placed under the wipers. The trunk / boot stayed put on the right side, but I almost wish it had pulled out of there, too.
Hello Magoffin,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In general for high winds we would not recommend using any car cover. Extreme winds seem to wreak havoc on every car cover.

It sounds like you had it installed correctly.

As always if you would like please don't hesitate to give our Team a call and they will be happy to chat with you and help with any questions you may have. 512-982-9393 or 562-981-6800

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
It sounds like you had it installed correctly.
Just some more feedback. I noticed that the retention bolsters are on the opposite side (on the left) from there the wipers rest (on the right). Was the cover designed for right hand drive?

·
Vendor
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Just some more feedback. I noticed that the retention bolsters are on the opposite side (on the left) from there the wipers rest (on the right). Was the cover designed for right hand drive?
I went ahead and checked and we only make a left hand drive version, but honestly we have shipped these globally to both right and left hand drive owners and no one has ever asked this question before.

You should be just fine the way it is, but no matter what kind of a cover you have we would advise removing it if there are high winds. You don't want any cover flapping around when the winds pick up.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
@MADNESS Autoworks Thank you. For North America and continental Europe and other places with left hand drive (steering wheel on the left, car drives on the right side of the road) it would be better for the bolsters to be on the right side of the car so they lay under the wipers.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts