Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of a Grigio Argento Aluminum Abarth with a 6-speed with Luxury collection package. Had been reluctant to pull the trigger on the same car but in black as I wanted the Aluminum but couldn't find one in the area. Last night the Fiat website said there was one in transit to the dealership I was working with. Emailed them today telling them I wanted it instead of the black one, put a deposit down, and I will pick the car up Monday night. Might be the first time I can't wait to go back to work after a weekend.

As I was emailing back and forth with them the dealer says the car arrived and they are pulling it into the shop. If I can get this to work here is a picture he took of it right off the car carrier.

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
of a Grigio Argento Aluminum Abarth with a 6-speed with Luxury collection package. Had been reluctant to pull the trigger on the same car but in black as I wanted the Aluminum but couldn't find one in the area. Last night the Fiat website said there was one in transit to the dealership I was working with. Emailed them today telling them I wanted it instead of the black one, put a deposit down, and I will pick the car up Monday night. Might be the first time I can't wait to go back to work after a weekend.

As I was emailing back and forth with them the dealer says the car arrived and they are pulling it into the shop. If I can get this to work here is a picture he took of it right off the car carrier.
Very Nice!! Where in Connecticut?

Reactions: wlcmlc

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

The dealership was actually in NY. Alfa Romeo Fiat of Larchmont. He said it was the first Alfa Romeo dealership in the US. Anyone looking for a 124 in this area should stop there as they have at least 10+ available.

·
Banned
112 Posts

Congrats. That's exactly what I'll order when the time comes.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Congratulations.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Have him order and install the missing fender badges. Congratulations.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Have him order and install the missing fender badges. Congratulations.
Agreed on checking the thread to find out how to get them, but I think the fender looks cleaner without the extra scorpion. To each their own...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice. They were hard to find, I found one at another dealer and had to get my guy to swap with them. Yours a manual also?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes a 6 speed. Just my luck I pick it up Monday and we are getting up to 20" of snow Tuesday!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My dealer is falling under the group "we aren't ordering them". I am not too unhappy as I wasn't even sure I wanted them to put them on anyway.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Congrats. That's exactly what I'll order when the time comes.
You better hurry up as Grigio Argento will be dropped for 2018 MY replaced by Griogio Chiaro. A good source (from miata.net) said there's good chance Grigio Chiaro will be Ceramic Metallic for the ND Miata. It's a very light gray almost white... nothing like Grigio Argento.

BTW I'm in the same boat as you, it's by far my favorite Abarth color and there's not much left in dealers inventory in my area.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You better hurry up as Grigio Argento will be dropped for 2018 MY replaced by Griogio Chiaro. A good source (from miata.net) said there's good chance Grigio Chiaro will be Ceramic Metallic for the ND Miata. It's a very light gray almost white... nothing like Grigio Argento.
See Color chart for MY2018 provided by @TomM in this post

·
Banned
112 Posts

BTW I'm in the same boat as you, it's by far my favorite Abarth color and there's not much left in dealers inventory in my area.
Well at least there will be a (dark) blue for MY 2018. I'll be ordering a 2018. Here in south Florida,there are so many white cars it's disgusting. Those of us old enough to remember decades ago that a high percentage of rental cars were white,so those 2 things turn me off for owning a white car.
Most dealers I've searched seem to have more automatics on hand than 6-speeds. I don't mind travelling for the right deal.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quick question. Picked up the car tonight (yea!), is the tach only red during the day and is white at night?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Quick question. Picked up the car tonight (yea!), is the tach only red during the day and is white at night?
Only the plastic trim is red on the tach , and it isn't illuminated in red. so at night it is white on black and in the day it is white on red.

·
Registered
790 Posts

If the Grigio Chiaro is the same as the Ceramic Metallic on the Mazda, that will probably be the color I choose, as that color looks great on the MX-5.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts