Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider 6MT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, it's a pleasure to be here since it was such a long journey. I've been looking for a new car that suits me for the past 11 months, I've had all different car brand names come out my mouth to say I'll be the next owner of x, y, or z, but none of them felt right. When I discovered the 124 Spider I immediately fell in love, but to my surprise, the agony to get my hands on one of these were going to be a pain. I would look them up online every single day and try to find something, the closest thing being a red Classica at the fiat dealership around five miles from me. I didn't necessarily like the red for me, I only wanted an Abarth, and nor did I want to buy an automatic transmission. I stumbled upon quite a few possibile purchases, such as ones sold from Carvana or Vroom, though none of them felt like it would really suit me. Then, I became fed up after looking for such a long period, I went to my local Fiat/Alfa dealership and put a $5,000 down payment that would go towards the car and ensure I wanted an Abarth, so they could therefore go to auction and find me something, to then basically make me pay some crazy price. Until. I stumbled upon this forums and found a fellow member, Mikey, selling his 2018 Nero Jet Black Abarth 124 Spider with a manual transmission at only 21,000. I instantly made an account, followed up with Mikey and crossed my fingers. Next thing I knew, a week after I first messaged him I booked myself a flight from Miami to Boston in order to see my dream car. I can now say I am a proud owner of a 124 Spider and almost as excited to be a member of the forums. The car is currently being shipped down here to South Florida and will arrive 6/17. It still feels surreal. I have pictures only from Boston, so I'll add some more once she gets down here in the beautiful city! Big thanks to Mikey for making this happen so smoothly. I'm quite the chat, so I am looking forward to be speaking to you all very soon, I'll keep everyone updated on my progress with her!

·
Registered
‘18 Abarth 124Spider
216 Posts
Congrats on your Abarth!
Make sure you join our car club in FL. We have different events from time to time including charity track events at Homestead speedway. Find us Abarth Club Florida on IG and FB. We have family members of all Italian cars. Everyone is welcome :)

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Brings a tear to the eye...:) Hello and Welcome, sorry to see Mickey moving on.....however, reading your quest and conviction tells me that we have a future long term member in our mix. I have that RED Classica you dislike, but without the auto box (no chance) but I loved reading how you just knew what you wanted and went for it. There is a thread entitled, "124 Spider Basic Ownership Rules...some of" that may help you get the best out of your ride if you type it into search, otherwise, Enjoy that Ride, Cheers
ron

Reactions: navman911

·
Registered
2017 124 Spider Lusso
117 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Nice find! Welcome to the asylum! :D

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
426 Posts
Welcome aboard! So glad it worked out and you found your dream Spider.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey guys, it's a pleasure to be here since it was such a long journey. I've been looking for a new car that suits me for the past 11 months, I've had all different car brand names come out my mouth to say I'll be the next owner of x, y, or z, but none of them felt right. When I discovered the 124 Spider I immediately fell in love, but to my surprise, the agony to get my hands on one of these were going to be a pain. I would look them up online every single day and try to find something, the closest thing being a red Classica at the fiat dealership around five miles from me. I didn't necessarily like the red for me, I only wanted an Abarth, and nor did I want to buy an automatic transmission. I stumbled upon quite a few possibile purchases, such as ones sold from Carvana or Vroom, though none of them felt like it would really suit me. Then, I became fed up after looking for such a long period, I went to my local Fiat/Alfa dealership and put a $5,000 down payment that would go towards the car and ensure I wanted an Abarth, so they could therefore go to auction and find me something, to then basically make me pay some crazy price. Until. I stumbled upon this forums and found a fellow member, Mikey, selling his 2018 Nero Jet Black Abarth 124 Spider with a manual transmission at only 21,000. I instantly made an account, followed up with Mikey and crossed my fingers. Next thing I knew, a week after I first messaged him I booked myself a flight from Miami to Boston in order to see my dream car. I can now say I am a proud owner of a 124 Spider and almost as excited to be a member of the forums. The car is currently being shipped down here to South Florida and will arrive 6/17. It still feels surreal. I have pictures only from Boston, so I'll add some more once she gets down here in the beautiful city! Big thanks to Mikey for making this happen so smoothly. I'm quite the chat, so I am looking forward to be speaking to you all very soon, I'll keep everyone updated on my progress with her!
View attachment 85560 View attachment 85561 View attachment 85562 View attachment 85563
Great story you are going to really enjoy this car in Florida, Hope it treats you well.

·
Registered
646 Posts
View attachment 85560 View attachment 85561 View attachment 85562 View attachment 85563
Welcome from Scotland

·
Registered
2020 124 Abarth Convenience Group - Nav and Sound - Visibility Group - AT
42 Posts
Welcome from AZ!

Reactions: dcr

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very exciting and congratulations.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

I briefly looked at this car, good mods for the price, but too far to be feasible for me.

As a Miami native, curious as to how you decided to end up with this car? Considering all other similar options in the same price range. Besides the sunny(and humid) weather, the roads are rather flat and boring for the most part. I test drove a 6MT Classica at an Alfa Romeo dealership in Palmetto Bay back in April and while the car sold me on buying a S124, It's not a car I see myself owning in SoFlo. You will be underpowered for all those straightaways

Similar to you, I ended up flying out to Phoenix to buy a Rosso red Abarth, which I drove back to CA where I live now, and where there is plenty of great backroads and canyons to enjoy. If I ever move back, not sure the S124 will remain in my possession, I think I'd likely look for something a bit more luxurious with more power to clap back at the inevitable testosterone-filled #sshole pulling up on a charger at every light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How are you enjoying the car? I just bought mine! I get it in two weeks and I cannot wait! 2017 Abarth 6 speed. I'm in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida! Never see them around and, of course now that I bought one, I saw one yesterday when I was leaving work! Black on black on black just like mine! Maybe I'll have a new besty... lol

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
870 Posts
Loved the car so much I’m on my second! Very enjoyable to drive economical on fuel so you can drive it everywhere. Great way to enjoy nature with the top down. You will love it with Florida weather and coastal cruises. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you! I'm so happy to be here! I haven't driven one, so it's so incredible reading about how everyone loves theirs!

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
870 Posts
If you want to learn a bit about the car before you receive yours I would recommend basic ownership rules. Usually @Brexit ! would pull this line. This car has a few quirks, mainly can’t let it sit for more than three weeks. It throws a fit and won’t start. Also replace the fob battery as soon as you get it and once a year after that. It will again throw a fit and not start and may lock you out. If your SN indicates you intend on racing there are a lot of options as well. Again welcome and let us know what you think when you get yours!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts