Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Our local dealer found a used Abarth that really pushes my buttons.
I just got back from putting a deposit down on it.

It is out of state right now, and should be at the dealership mid next week.
They will inspect, service, detail, and add red dual rally stripes.:D
If all goes well, it will be ready for pickup Saturday the 29th.

A couple photos from the dealer - 2017 Abarth in Black -

Yup...pretty hyped about this.馃榿

Registered
Details! What options does it have?

Registered
This is all we know until it gets here
Someone should be able to lookup a window sticker for you from the VIN.

Registered
It has 6 M/T which if you are after a manual is the main thing. Everything else can be lived without or the aftermarket will take care of you.

The interesting things will be if it has Brembo's, but I'd think we'd see the red rear calipers on the second photo if it did, LED's - which it definitely doesn't have, Bose, which we can't tell yet, and seat choice - standard, leather or Recarro.

In any case - good choice. Black is clearly the color the intelligent, good looking people go with.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Two most important things were manual trans and the color.
Found several in metallic colors, but being simple, I like red, white, blue, or black.
I am happy it has heated seats, a request from wife, since we like to drive in cool weather with the top down.
As for being an Abarth, they look neat, and maybe someday it will add to the value.
But the suspension, and exhaust will get replaced soon, along with a tune.

We are pretty sure at this point, no Brembos, no Bose, no Nav.

Premium Member
Our local dealer found a used Abarth that really pushes my buttons.
I just got back from putting a deposit down on it.

It is out of state right now, and should be at the dealership mid next week.
They will inspect, service, detail, and add red dual rally stripes.:D
If all goes well, it will be ready for pickup Saturday the 29th.

A couple photos from the dealer - 2017 Abarth in Black -

Yup...pretty hyped about this.馃榿
Your pretty hyped up........I have an "Abarthised" Classica in Red which I think is fantastic and the only thing that would add to that pleasure would be owning a Black Abarth as well, so my juices are flowing just looking at those photo's. Don't expect any sleep between now and collection.....Best Wishes and \cheers
ron

Premium Member
Two most important things were manual trans and the color.
Found several in metallic colors, but being simple, I like red, white, blue, or black.
I am happy it has heated seats, a request from wife, since we like to drive in cool weather with the top down.
As for being an Abarth, they look neat, and maybe someday it will add to the value.
But the suspension, and exhaust will get replaced soon, along with a tune.

We are pretty sure at this point, no Brembos, no Bose, no Nav.
Nat is just a SD card....pull out the little cover ahead of gear stick,pop in SD and ...navigate, simple, and...around 拢25 whereas Fiat wanted 拢350 ish to install Sat Nav !!
Everybody has different ideas about exhausts.. some want head banging loud others like a burble with occasional pop, nobody wants drone...so check out youtube exhaust sounds, I did and settled on "Good-Win" Sport Dual Tip, it is perfect "for me"....Quad Tip for your Abarth could be good but as they all cost money "Research" ! Cheers
ron

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Found a copy of the window sticker. Looks like the base Abarth package, (if I am reading this correctly), which is perfect.

Registered
Looks the same as mine, except I have the annoyingly wonky Blind Spot Monitor which will be no great loss to you. Several of us have had issues with it and the dealers struggle to fix it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
My whole life I've been an impulse buyer...Drive the car, like the car, buy the car...simple.
This looking for the "right" car, and then waiting to actually see it? Killing me....LOL...

Looks the same as mine, except I have the annoyingly wonky Blind Spot Monitor which will be no great loss to you. Several of us have had issues with it and the dealers struggle to fix it.
Wonder if it is the same systems as our Dodge Durango has. It often goes wonky on us with false alerts.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Apparently, the deposit I put down to have the car shipped from Florida, didn't prevent the dealer in Florida from selling the car.

Which, it turns out, may not be a bad thing. ;)

Registered
Well that鈥檚 pretty scummy. I鈥檝e been dealing with a dealer that has been far more transparent (at least I hope so) with deposits and out of state purchasing. YMMV

Registered
Apparently, the deposit I put down to have the car shipped from Florida, didn't prevent the dealer in Florida from selling the car.

Which, it turns out, may not be a bad thing. ;)
Take some time and figure out exactly what you want. Research online, go to dealerships, test drive many different 124s, try all the items in the car, etc. It took me over a year to buy mine. I wanted every package though and Brilliant White color option in 6-speed manual. Difficult to be sure, but not impossible, and perseverance eventually paid off. There is nothing worse than buying a new car which you end up disliking but are stuck with.

Registered
Could be a blessing in disguise. Obviously not everyone feels the same, but the LED headlights would always be a "must have" for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts