Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
@TX_Bandit have you gotten on the AOS delete deal yet? As soon as I get my car back... eventually? I'm going to do the AOS delete and catch can install.

The AOS on the 124 tends to fill itself up way faster than the 500s do, not real clear on why though. Here is a few pics of a friend's setup on his 500, shoot holes in it:

So far he has zero consumption and no CEL/MIL, car runs smoother and it turns out this should have happened years ago.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wasn't aware of this mod. I found this article on the Fiat 500 Forum. If you read all the way to the end, you'll see the majority of the members don't think much of the idea.
It may work but I'll take a pass on this mod.

No that's 6 years old, I'm talking about the recently sorted out one - as in about 3 months ago. Also I bailed on that forum long ago and far away....long story for another day.

In BFC (Broken Fiat Club, website or fb page) a few of our enterprising individuals hashed this out in conjunction with a catch can earlier this year. So far it's been 100% trouble free.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Believe it or not no lol, I totally forgot someone went full send on that project a while back.

No I referring to one Edwin did, his car is pictured above, what they did requires no modification to any part. Remove the AOS and install some lines and install a catch can, pretty straightforward actually.

Modified Abarth is where he posted it, faulty memory and WAY too many groups....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks. I'll take a look at it.
Just something to ponder considering the oil consumption issues the 124s are well known to have ...really quite annoying. My 500 Abarth didn't have consumption issues, well not after a catch can it didn't. The first 2k miles it freaking caked my fmic hoses with oil 😑

Anyhow, I'm going to do my 124 since it's only got 600mi and already has oil in the intake everywhere....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Of course

Probably should not include the obscenities I call the car and the various other words I'll be including while doing so, I'll get pics and not video let's say 🤣🤣

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am so elated that every time I check my oil lever after almost 3k miles, it’s always at the full mark! I broke in the engine as suggested by the amazing forum members here and not one issue oil related. Thank you @Calehedron for this bit of info there were others and a whole thread about it and I thank all who contributed to this.
I knew about the oil issues with the 124 around 3 years ago, so it was an early in life agenda item anyway. My Abarth C was much worse than the hardtop one before it, but rectified as quick as I could get parts.

This forum has been way better than the few 500 forums, sadly better was a super low bar. Anyhow, I've already found a few interesting people and know several of the members outside of here as well. But you said it, this is a solid place to hang out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts