Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,122 Posts
I am so elated that every time I check my oil lever after almost 3k miles, it’s always at the full mark! I broke in the engine as suggested by the amazing forum members here and not one issue oil related. Thank you @Calehedron for this bit of info there were others and a whole thread about it and I thank all who contributed to this.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am so elated that every time I check my oil lever after almost 3k miles, it’s always at the full mark! I broke in the engine as suggested by the amazing forum members here and not one issue oil related. Thank you @Calehedron for this bit of info there were others and a whole thread about it and I thank all who contributed to this.
I knew about the oil issues with the 124 around 3 years ago, so it was an early in life agenda item anyway. My Abarth C was much worse than the hardtop one before it, but rectified as quick as I could get parts.

This forum has been way better than the few 500 forums, sadly better was a super low bar. Anyhow, I've already found a few interesting people and know several of the members outside of here as well. But you said it, this is a solid place to hang out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed this catch can last year.

I check regularly and so far I have not detected much if any oil accumulation. I have only 4500 mi on my 2020 Abarth at this point. You can't tell that it is an ad on aftermarket part, It looks like the factory installed it. I like that it looks quality. I assume, that like all other catch cans being reported on this forum, that it will work if there is blow by to be recovered.

Mike

·
Registered
2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
52 Posts
I have been thinking a catch-can would be my next install. Any of you have anything further to report on this one after a few months of running with it? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is the catch can that I have installed.

Every thing necessary for a smooth no hassle install included. Well engineered. I'm very happy!

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Lusso Red Top Edition, Automatic, Fashion Gray, Ivory Interior, Bordeaux Top
1,612 Posts
Any of you have anything further to report on this one after a few months of running with it? Thanks in advance!
Still going strong, no change since this post. I don't get enough accumulation of water or oil to even bother checking it much anymore, but the oil-drenched air filter is over.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts