Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an email from Fiat yesterday asking about the quality of my 124 Abarth. I filled it out and it took me about an hour because I complained repeatedly about the missing badges and exhaust.

I thought it was funny that the survey asked questions about the back seats. I gave them a very low rating! Fiat actually sent a half arsed low quality survey to ask about the car's quality...

I dinged the car pretty hard and listed all of the missing badges, logos, and the missing Record Monza Exhaust. I expressed my disappointment in Fiat USA's lack of commitment to the Abarth brand, and their customers who are enthusiasts.

I pointed out that all of the proper badges, logos, and the exhaust were present on the Abarths that Fiat brought to the car shows and the cars that were reviewed by the media. I stated that I ordered the car and waited over 10 months, only to get a car that was missing many of the features I rightfully expected to get.

I certainly don't expect my survey answers to change anything... But it was a good opportunity to loudly complain. Who knows, maybe someone who actually cares in Fiat's management will read my comments... I doubt it though.

If anyone else gets this survey, please consider doing the same thing I did. Maybe things will change for future Abarth owners.

Reactions: CA_Kid and Mike34

·
Registered
232 Posts
J D Powers survey...plus a true story...

I got an email from Fiat yesterday asking about the quality of my 124 Abarth. I filled it out and it took me about an hour because I complained repeatedly about the missing badges and exhaust.

I thought it was funny that the survey asked questions about the back seats. I gave them a very low rating! Fiat actually sent a half arsed low quality survey to ask about the car's quality...

I dinged the car pretty hard and listed all of the missing badges, logos, and the missing Record Monza Exhaust. I expressed my disappointment in Fiat USA's lack of commitment to the Abarth brand, and their customers who are enthusiasts.

I pointed out that all of the proper badges, logos, and the exhaust were present on the Abarths that Fiat brought to the car shows and the cars that were reviewed by the media. I stated that I ordered the car and waited over 10 months, only to get a car that was missing many of the features I rightfully expected to get.

I certainly don't expect my survey answers to change anything... But it was a good opportunity to loudly complain. Who knows, maybe someone who actually cares in Fiat's management will read my comments... I doubt it though.

If anyone else gets this survey, please consider doing the same thing I did. Maybe things will change for future Abarth owners.
I keep getting JD Powers surveys with a $1.00 bill in it. I take th $1.00 and put it in my Bud Lite Beer Bottle Bank, and fill it out.
But Steve, I can tell you this...back in 1996, I was interested in a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Jeep sent me a 30 minute VHS tape about the Jeep. In that package, I also,received a pretty brochure selling me an extended warranty. I thought this was bad marketing, so I wrote them back, telling them that they were actually telling me I better buy the extended warranty because " we really not building these Jeeps correctly, so. Get this insurance"... welll that letter made it all the way to the top management,and was actually read at a Monday Morning Quality Control Meeting, and to top it off...I actually received a phone call from the VP of Marketing at Chrysler.
So you never know where your comments on a car survey might go..
Take care.
Not Sure:)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I don't have much faith in Corporate America!

Actually, If I got a JD Powers Survey, I wouldn't ding the car for badging. Fiat always scores low in JD powers surveys, and they really don't deserve it. I have had good luck with Fiats. (I have 3 of them)

·
Registered
350 Posts
The only ding I gave on my survey was the issue with the top rubbing against the back of driver's roll bar. Mine seems better now that I try and close as much as possible from the outside push back as I close it. But I know this is an issue with many of you.

Reactions: Mike34

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
When I bought my Abarth, I received a lengthy survey, I found it useless cause it kept repeating itself. No more FCA survey for me.

·
Registered
559 Posts

Seriously - you knocked this terrific car because of some dumb badges on the steering wheel? You already have them elsewhere on the car. I'm sorry but the car is a FIAT. Just like a Corvette or a Camaro is a Chevy, or an Acura is a Honda. I'd never even heard of Abarth until I started seeing them on some 500s and it made sense that it was a sport level. Acuras are sold as Hondas elsewhere but they figure in the U.S. we're dumb enough to be fooled that its another company. It's nice, I suppose, that Abarth is a separate logo in Europe but that ugly scorpion adds nothing to the car, to be honest. I personally think the Fiat logo looks much nicer with that deep red then the cartoon Abarth logo. The Quardrifoglio isn't a separate brand from Alfa. It doesn't fool anyone - the car is what it is. I love it enough that my wife and I bought another Fiat (the only one made completely in Italy - 500x) because we've learned to like the brand. I think they should push the Fiat brand like mad. And I' think its much nicer that they made our Classica and Lusso models with almost as much power as the Abarth rather than detune them as drastically as elsewhere. Seems that they are paying attention to what some of their American customers might want.

·
Registered
453 Posts
When I bought my Abarth, I received a lengthy survey, I found it useless cause it kept repeating itself. No more FCA survey for me.

Ditto.

The JD Power one was even more cumbersome. I'd feel bad keeping the dollar and not completeing it, but it's not like I can buy anything with a buck anyway ;)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seriously - you knocked this terrific car because of some dumb badges on the steering wheel? You already have them elsewhere on the car. I'm sorry but the car is a FIAT. Just like a Corvette or a Camaro is a Chevy, or an Acura is a Honda. I'd never even heard of Abarth until I started seeing them on some 500s and it made sense that it was a sport level. Acuras are sold as Hondas elsewhere but they figure in the U.S. we're dumb enough to be fooled that its another company. It's nice, I suppose, that Abarth is a separate logo in Europe but that ugly scorpion adds nothing to the car, to be honest. I personally think the Fiat logo looks much nicer with that deep red then the cartoon Abarth logo. The Quardrifoglio isn't a separate brand from Alfa. It doesn't fool anyone - the car is what it is. I love it enough that my wife and I bought another Fiat (the only one made completely in Italy - 500x) because we've learned to like the brand. I think they should push the Fiat brand like mad. And I' think its much nicer that they made our Classica and Lusso models with almost as much power as the Abarth rather than detune them as drastically as elsewhere. Seems that they are paying attention to what some of their American customers might want.
Yes, I did knock this terrific car on a FCA survey because of the half a**ed Abarth version. Fiat management needs to know that what they did is disappointing.

A quick look around this forum demonstrates that I am not the only one disappointed by this. Look at all the threads about the missing Abarth stuff. The thread related to the "dumb badges on the steering wheel" as you say, is one of the longest threads here.

I am also a big Fiat fan. I bought my 500 in 2012 not long after their return to the US market. (my daily driver) Then I bought a 500L in 2014. (the wife's car) and I just got the 124 Abarth that I ordered last October. Each of my Fiats were purchased in the first model year it was available in the US.

Back in 2012, Fiat was seriously committed to success in the US market, and they did such an outstanding job on the 500 Abarth! Today, maybe not so much.

·
Registered
476 Posts
for both of my 124's i have done surveys. i took the time for the JD Power survey and didn't ding the car. I took the time with the FCA survey and commented about a couple things in hopes someone might get the hint. I did get a call back from FCA about some comments only to be told they don't have any info about fixing those things. Then why did you even call? I have gotten surveys from several marketing firms, i did one and got frustrated with it and haven't done any others. i would do the JD powers again not sure i would do the others. I recently actually filled out an online request about the one continued issue, the fact the the toolbox for updating nav maps site is still not functional in the US even though it has been functional since October in the EU. Got an email response saying someone is looking into and will get back to me, and that was several weeks ago.

Reactions: Seagas

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quality Survey from Fiat.

for both of my 124's i have done surveys. i took the time for the JD Power survey and didn't ding the car. I took the time with the FCA survey and commented about a couple things in hopes someone might get the hint. I did get a call back from FCA about some comments only to be told they don't have any info about fixing those things. Then why did you even call? I have gotten surveys from several marketing firms, i did one and got frustrated with it and haven't done any others. i would do the JD powers again not sure i would do the others. I recently actually filled out an online request about the one continued issue, the fact the the toolbox for updating nav maps site is still not functional in the US even though it has been functional since October in the EU. Got an email response saying someone is looking into and will get back to me, and that was several weeks ago.
The Mapupdate Toolbox is indeed available. Just updated all my nav maps yesterday. Though really would have preferred that the local servicing Studio would have done it because they must have Internet connectivity speeds of more than 100 Mb/sec. I got tired of Cox charging $80/mo for my 100 Mb/sec speed, so I dropped it to 5Mb/sec for $40/mo. That is OK for most internet surfing, but major downloads take forever. :(
I purchased my 124A from a dealer more than 50 miles from home, the local dealer (OC Fiat) is just 10 miles, but their service is terrible. Regarding the map upgrades they said: "No updates available for RFH maps. No codes present at this time, (8/23/17)." When they did their 23 point inspection, they filled all tires to factory specification (25 psi). The spec is really 29 psi. I corrected their error the following day. :)
Try this link for the Nav Toolbox from the Naviextras Team. http://visteon.naviextras.com
The download is 18.2MB

·
Registered
476 Posts
The Mapupdate Toolbox is indeed available. Just updated all my nav maps yesterday. Though really would have preferred that the local servicing Studio would have done it because they must have Internet connectivity speeds of more than 100 Mb/sec. I got tired of Cox charging $80/mo for my 100 Mb/sec speed, so I dropped it to 5Mb/sec for $40/mo. That is OK for most internet surfing, but major downloads take forever. :(
I purchased my 124A from a dealer more than 50 miles from home, the local dealer (OC Fiat) is just 10 miles, but their service is terrible. Regarding the map upgrades they said: "No updates available for RFH maps. No codes present at this time, (8/23/17)." When they did their 23 point inspection, they filled all tires to factory specification (25 psi). The spec is really 29 psi. I corrected their error the following day. :)
Try this link for the Nav Toolbox from the Naviextras Team. http://visteon.naviextras.com
The download is 18.2MB

thanks for the link, will look there. the official page for fiat http://fiat-en-us.fiatconnect.com/navigation-updatemymaps this where they tell you to go. As others have said in others threads you can go to the EU Fiat site to update your US maps also, but I think it is ridiculous that a year after the vehicle launch and they still do not have the site functional. And still no email response to tell me a work around even like you did.

·
Banned
2,864 Posts
Remember, now for 2019, we will get the steering wheel badge and side badges with the record monza exhaust. Progress, thanks to feedback ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts