Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the answer is yes, but can anyone confirm that it is safe to ceramic coat the factory painted heritage stripe? My understanding is that the heritage strip isn’t clear coated like the rest of the body and I’m not sure if that would be an issue.

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Abarth
2 Posts
I have a Ceramic Pro gold application on mine. I was worried about the stripe also. No problems whatsoever after a year+.

I was mostly worried about it getting too glossy. It does change the matte look slightly, but just gives it a very subtle satin look. I love the look.

These pics are right after the application

·
Registered
212 Posts
I also have ceramic Pro on my whole vehicle. Wheels and Brakes too.. Heritage stripe looks fine and cleans up nicely every wash 2 years later. It may add a bit of "sheen" but it looks great in my opinion. I also have Matte PPF on the front bumper heritage stripe area to prevent rock chips and regular clear PPF on the rest of the bumper, also coated with Ceramic Pro on the PPF.

Reactions: Dgaustin124

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have g techniq, there is a high gloss and a satin formula if I recall correctly. My detailer applied high gloss which is apparently 'normal' to the regular paint and the satin coat to the matte heritage stripe areas on my car.

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 6MT
2 Posts
I used Mother's CMX and think it looks great. I agree with the others that it gives a slight sheen not a shine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the feedback. Had my detailer friend treat the Heritage Stripes and it looks great. Car is going to sit in the garage for a few days to cure.

Reactions: Noonie and Kturley
1 - 6 of 6 Posts