Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hitting my big head on the hood more times then I want to admit, I put together this Quick and Dirty Prop Rod extension to fix the problem.

Material Used: 1" PVC pipe cut to 17"... Two Small Picture hangers, bent out to 90 degrees... Some Picture hanging wire... Electrical Tape.

To assemble... Cut Pipe to length... Drill two holes opposite each other near the top to thread your wire through... bend the two pictures hangers to 90 degrees to make hook.

Place Pictures hangers into top of pipe where the two holes are and thread wire through pipe, and hangers to make them stand out of pipe.\

Place enough electrical tape around top to make the hangers stand straight.

On opposite end of pipe, place pieces of small electrical tape inside and around the edge to act as a buffer or cushion so it won't cut your handle that is currently on you Fiat Prop Rod.

Important: Where the PVC pipe meets your original prop rod, wrap you original Fiat Prop Rod with two or three wraps of electrical tape to protect it from getting gouged...Here are some pics..

Not Sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
After hitting my big head on the hood more times then I want to admit, I put together this Quick and Dirty Prop Rod extension to fix the problem.

Material Used: 1" PVC pipe cut to 17"... Two Small Picture hangers, bent out to 90 degrees... Some Picture hanging wire... Electrical Tape.

To assemble... Cut Pipe to length... Drill two holes opposite each other near the top to thread your wire through... bend the two pictures hangers to 90 degrees to make hook.

Place Pictures hangers into top of pipe where the two holes are and thread wire through pipe, and hangers to make them stand out of pipe.\

Place enough electrical tape around top to make the hangers stand straight.

On opposite end of pipe, place pieces of small electrical tape inside and around the edge to act as a buffer or cushion so it won't cut your handle that is currently on you Fiat Prop Rod.

Important: Where the PVC pipe meets your original prop rod, wrap you original Fiat Prop Rod with two or three wraps of electrical tape to protect it from getting gouged...Here are some pics..

Not Sure.
Thanks for posting. I have to say I'm waiting until I have the time to put struts in and eliminate the prop rod altogether. Here's a look: https://21stcenturyfiat124spider.wordpress.com/2016/09/26/hood-lift-kit/

·
Registered
3,343 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts