Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone completely changed out their tires. It seems these Bridgestones are pretty noisy. Who makes the best quite tire for our 124 Spider. :confused:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Not for this car, but for my Kia Soul, this past winter I changed the tires to the Continental True Contact all-season touring tire. It's not a 3-season sport tire, and I don't know for certain if it will come in the size needed, but there are a lot of user reviews for it at Tirerack.com.

I have been very happy with them in the 6 months I've ran them. They grip very well in all weather conditions, they are noticeably quieter than the Michelin Defenders that I had on the car previously, and run smoother, too. I don't need sport tires, I don't push my car to needing sport tires. A touring tire would suit my needs very well on my Spider. If I suddenly found myself in need of tires today for my Classica, I would entertain the Conti True Contact without a doubt.

A co-worker runs them on a Toyota Rav4 and cannot say enough good things about them in all season conditions, on all road conditions.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=TrueContact

Steve.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Not for this car, but for my Kia Soul, this past winter I changed the tires to the Continental True Contact all-season touring tire. It's not a 3-season sport tire, and I don't know for certain if it will come in the size needed, but there are a lot of user reviews for it at Tirerack.com.

I have been very happy with them in the 6 months I've ran them. They grip very well in all weather conditions, they are noticeably quieter than the Michelin Defenders that I had on the car previously, and run smoother, too. I don't need sport tires, I don't push my car to needing sport tires. A touring tire would suit my needs very well on my Spider. If I suddenly found myself in need of tires today for my Classica, I would entertain the Conti True Contact without a doubt.

A co-worker runs them on a Toyota Rav4 and cannot say enough good things about them in all season conditions, on all road conditions.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=TrueContact

Steve.
Sounds like they are quite the tire!

Reactions: canesice

·
Registered
442 Posts
:D

I saw that this morning and said opps!! It sucks getting old

Not Sure
Been there, done that, still doing it and most likely always will! Yeah, it's an internet forum. We learn and have fun!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Huh, never saw that quite/quiet flub. My eye saw quiet. Anyway, my OEM Classica tires are the Yokohomo Advan Sport. These, too, are a smooth and quiet tire, I don't notice them at all.
Bridgestone, must be a Lusso or Abarth.

Steve.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a Lusso

Huh, never saw that quite/quiet flub. My eye saw quiet. Anyway, my OEM Classica tires are the Yokohomo Advan Sport. These, too, are a smooth and quiet tire, I don't notice them at all.
Bridgestone, must be a Lusso or Abarth.

Steve.
It's a Lusso.

·
Super Moderator
1,301 Posts
Tire rack is a great source of unbiased info. A lot has to do with your location. I go with a summer tire since the weather allows it. But if l was up north I'd likely have two sets of tires. The Bridgestone RE50a that are on my Abarth is a capable summer tire; but its not one I'd compete with. There are many choices and I expect blood has been shed on this subject. Miata net has a huge amount of info on tires that is applicable to our cars so be sure to check it out. Also keep tabs on Goodwin Racing since they try a lot of tires.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
122 Posts
Didnt start hearing the noise till i saw the name of this thread

·
Registered
574 Posts
It's all a placebo !!

Those that came with the Yokohomas though, I've heard they were really good tires and they always have great reviews. Comfy as well.

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts
Whenever discussing OEM tires, be sure the tire in question does not have a "TPC" specification on it. TPC spec tires are OEM tires that have been designed to different specifications than the exact same model tire sold elsewhere.

For example, in the case of my Cruze Eco, GM fitted a Goodyear Assurance FuelMax TPC spec tire. One would assume it was the same as the Goodyear Assurance FuelMax tire you could purchase elsewhere, but the TPC spec tire had 1/32" less tread depth and weighed a whole 4 pounds less.

Just keep in mind that a TPC spec tire may not perform the same as a retail tire with the same name.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
It's a convertible, tire noise is not a concern for me. LOL, you should hear the drag radials on my Challenger.

Reactions: evilspider

·
Registered
479 Posts
c'mon, noise is good. the roar of the exhaust and slap of the tires is half the reason to have a roadster. my boxster s with the huge tires on it make some wonderful noise, and the exhaust not aint bad either.. the fiata with the GWR exhaust is even better, it reminds me of my old 05 mustang gt.... with a 4 banger to boot.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts