Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here we are with 17x10 and Yokohama AO52 245/40/17. YES, well rolled fender lips. This was before I added 3mm spacers rear and we may need more back there, lots of testing fun to come with this setup. The idea is a 17x10 setup for autocross/track that customers can install with a good lip roll and light pull...and WITHOUT the need for cutting and flares.

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The Fiat went first time in SCCA XSB today. The Fiat was awesome on 17x10! The driver (me) was a little rusty, I knew the last of four competition runs would be critical and I was in FIRST place after third runs by just a tenth of a second...and sadly made a significant mistake on the last run. A practice day on the new 17x10 setup could have made the difference, did some faster and faster X runs after the competition runs and still didn't get everything out of the new setup. In my competition runs I was making too many line corrections that I don't normally need...simply because the 17x10 has such better turn-in response. You don't know how sloppy 245/40 is on 17x9 until you drive the same 245/40 on 17x10.

So in brief: WOW the 17x10 has a turn-in crispness that we never dreamed of with the same 245/40 tire we previously used on 17x9!!! I knew the 17x10 would help us cut into apex a little quicker but it was so much faster for turn-in that it caught me by surprise repeatedly and I had to open my line and make corrections that cost time. Overall SUPER HAPPY with how the 17x10 combo works, the Fiat 124 was so much better than on 17x9 with same size tire, there is certainly some potential for this car in XSB.

No rub but my fenders are well rolled and a little pulled.

PS...easily beat both those Corvettes you see here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts