Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone having an issue with their radio randomly restarting while driving? I haven't messed with it much, but it's happened a bunch of times already in the last three days. I've been messing with it a bit trying to narrow it down, and it seems to do it when I'm using Bluetooth streaming and/or during a Bluetooth call. I'm gonna take it to the dealer when I can, but was just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
No issues here, but just to clarify, when you say "radio", does that mean you have 3" screen base model (that I have noted a few intermittent boots reported)?
Or do you have the 7" Infotainment system?.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have noticed the USB flash drive resetting or skipping while playing music. I havent paid much attention to it beings how the top is down and the open air is a better distraction to me. :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've had Pandora lock up a few times, to where I had to stop the car, kill Pandora on the phone and then reconnect in order to get it to work. That has been only at the initial connection phase, though. I've not had any problems once it gets running.

I guess I've spent enough time with computers and general tech to expect the occasional gremlin. As long as it doesn't happen often and is easy enough to reset I can live with it. I don't expect perfection but appreciate getting close to it, anyway.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I've had Pandora lock up a few times, to where I had to stop the car, kill Pandora on the phone and then reconnect in order to get it to work. That has been only at the initial connection phase, though. I've not had any problems once it gets running.

I guess I've spent enough time with computers and general tech to expect the occasional gremlin. As long as it doesn't happen often and is easy enough to reset I can live with it. I don't expect perfection but appreciate getting close to it, anyway.
I got frustrated with Pandora because you have to be so particular with the sequence of starting it up each time. Since XM starts up when I push the start button, I no longer bother with Pandora.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No issues here, but just to clarify, when you say "radio", does that mean you have 3" screen base model (that I have noted a few intermittent boots reported)?
Or do you have the 7" Infotainment system?.
The 7" infotainment system. I've used XM for the past two days and it hasn't reset once, so I'm going to try again tomorrow with Bluetooth streaming to see if I can confirm that it's a Bluetooth issue.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I got frustrated with Pandora because you have to be so particular with the sequence of starting it up each time. Since XM starts up when I push the start button, I no longer bother with Pandora.
I don't usually do anything other than start the car. It connects to the phone automatically (most of the time). It takes a few seconds, but the phone just has to be on and Bluetooth does the rest.

I gave up on Sirius because of the crappy sound quality and their channels being too narrowly defined. My musical tastes are eclectic and Sirius doesn't know how to deal with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts