Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Too late to delete this post, in brackets below. I discovered the sensor housing had come loose from its frame and was hidden behind the mirror, still connected. Couldn't see it until I got a low angle. I locked it back in place, and all is well. The glue is there only to supply a surface for the sensor free of air pockets. Glad to find it; this is a $700 part from Fiat!

<It rained today on the Olympic Peninsula (for the second time since June). My wipers didn't come on in "auto" mode. After fiddling around with the switch to no avail, I looked up behind the rear view mirror and discovered that the frame holding the wiper sensor was empty. There was a glue inside the frame which must have released the sensor during some aggressive windshield cleaning last week. It has disappeared completely. Anyone with a similar experience?>

·
Registered
480 Posts
perhaps a rear view mirror adhesive would work to attach the sensor again..... there is also a chance this is covered by the warranty...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is covered by the warranty, I discovered. But it just came loose when I was washing the windshield. A mount attached to the windshield was still in place, and the sensor hooks onto it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts