Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my Classico for 3 months and I love it. What I haven't expected is getting random compliments on the car from strangers. I've had two people approach me and tell me what a good looking car it is. Yesterday was the best, I was buying lobsters in Augusta Maine. The store is run by an oriental family. Grandmother was in the parking lot sweeping and gave me a big smile and a thumbs up pointing at the car. How good was that!

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Not Daughter or Grand daughter....Grandma and "That was the best"? :oops:

·
Registered
81 Posts
It does get alot of looks, and it should since you do not see many around and its a great looking roadster!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Two people in three months??? You need to drive more! I'm getting it pretty much any time I'm stopped in the car, at lights, at the pumps, in parking lots...

"What is that?"
"What kinda car is that?"
"What's an Ay-Barth?"
"When'd you buy a Ferrari?"
"Nice Maserati!"
"Must be nice!"
"Is is fast?"
"Didja win on a scratch-off?"

·
Registered
807 Posts
I hardly get anyone around here (NE Indiana) ever mentioning or really looking at mine. I can't remember the last time anyone said anything to me about it. About the only people who seem to take note of it are young kids. It's mostly invisible to adults.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've received compliments at gas stations, but other than a few of those, not a whole lot. That said, often the compliment is followed up by a question regarding what type of car it is as the car sold so poorly here in the US that not many are on the streets.

Anyhow, I get many more compliments on my Lexus than the Fiat.

·
Super Moderator
1,024 Posts
I’ve had people in the crosswalk stop and take a picture of the car while stopped for a red. There are plenty of car people out there and they really like our cars.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had questions and nice car shouts from kids around here lol... My vehicles which attracted the most attention are below. I have had much nicer cars and bikes than these. I think the bike was mainly youths who wanted to steal it perhaps. The car is a Vauxhall !!! (Built by Lotus though)

·
Registered
111 Posts
That almost looks like an older Alfa Romeo. Vauxhill - wow! Nice looking car.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
It's a vx220 or Opel speedster. One of the best handling mid engined cars in recent times.
Built at the lotus factory in Hethal and is now nearly legendary status for a good one over here.

Reactions: Davy Jordi

·
Registered
111 Posts
it's neat looking - definitely something not seen here in the states.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I have had questions and nice car shouts from kids around here lol... My vehicles which attracted the most attention are below. I have had much nicer cars and bikes than these. I think the bike was mainly youths who wanted to steal it perhaps. The car is a Vauxhall !!! (Built by Lotus though)
View attachment 78349
Was that the car used as the basis for the first Tesla?

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's a vx220 or Opel speedster. One of the best handling mid engined cars in recent times.
Built at the lotus factory in Hethal and is now nearly legendary status for a good one over here.
It somewhat reminds me of the mid-engine Toyota MR2!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Of a similar era and design intent yep!

but an mr2 wouldn't see which way a sorted vx220 went! The latter 220's were more powerful and proper stuff on a back roads. Gave suoercars a good run back in the daym

I've been a passenger in the lower powered one and that was quick!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts