Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else here has gotten a survey for their car from this market research company? And what kind of comments did you have about the vehicle?

I also had previously gotten a survey from FCA on product quality, not the standard survey after the sale but one more geared to what i liked and what i wanted to change about the car.

I expressed my displeasure at lack of live traffic updates. The fact that to make the 8 speaker system sound balanced that you must adjust the speakers rearward. The lack of support with the toolbox and accessories 5 months after the vehicles release. Someone from FCA actually called me after I took their survey to talk with me about my comments.

My comments were brief for RDA but better spelled out for FCA but gave almost all top marks

Please note I understand some of the issues are due to the shared platform but still hoping they might be heard and addressed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've only heard from FCA directly. I mentioned a few things I had troubles with--the sun visors are only up-down hinged, sometimes cant downshift into 4th when getting on it, though I did forget to ask for a boost gauge.

Reactions: Unknownsir

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've gotten several surveys since buying my car. I got one from the RDA Group and from two other companies. Then today I got the J.D. Power survey. J.D. Power is the only one I'd heard of. I've gotten so many surveys I really wondered which ones, if any, I should fill out. Does Fiat really listen to these surveys? Should I be filling them all out? What do y'all think?

P.S. If you get the one from J.D. Power, there is a one dollar bill in it. So if you aren't going to take the survey, at least take that out before you throw it away.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I've gotten several surveys since buying my car. I got one from the RDA Group and from two other companies. Then today I got the J.D. Power survey. J.D. Power is the only one I'd heard of. I've gotten so many surveys I really wondered which ones, if any, I should fill out. Does Fiat really listen to these surveys? Should I be filling them all out? What do y'all think?

P.S. If you get the one from J.D. Power, there is a one dollar bill in it. So if you aren't going to take the survey, at least take that out before you throw it away.
I got the JD Power survey today, I was questioning if the $1 was real....it is ....I kept it...threw away the rest....open your envelopes.....also a chance to win $100K by responding to the survey....didn,t like my odds...

·
Registered
257 Posts
I got the JD Power survey today, I was questioning if the $1 was real....it is ....I kept it...threw away the rest....open your envelopes.....also a chance to win $100K by responding to the survey....didn,t like my odds...
Same here - kept the dollar and recycled the paperwork. I wish every company that sent me junk mail would include a dollar.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am thinking since there are so few cars out there maybe almost everyone will get the JD Powers survey. i need to sit down and do mine still.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I got the JD Power Survey today (for my Corvette) and filled it out online, which I would have done even if they had not included $1. I think they have value since I like to see the results each year as to how all of the vehicles compare, and the manufacturers care as well since they pay the companies that conduct the surveys. And I am glad more people think like me or there would be no data to look at it.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
I got the JD Powers survey today and responded. IMO, people pay attention to them. I'm not sure FCA will, because IMO they are disconnected from the market, their Customers, and the cars they sell. I'm glad I don't own shares in the company!
regards,
Pete

·
Registered
205 Posts
i am thinking since there are so few cars out there maybe almost everyone will get the JD Powers survey. i need to sit down and do mine still.
They will not send to anyone paying with Employee Advantage or Friends & Family pricing. That rules out just about everyone in my neck of the woods. :laugh:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I did not receive the survey from JD power, but did receive two fro FCA. One was clearly geared toward the dealer and purchasing experience and the other was about the car its self. Lot's of high marks from me for the car and the dealer. I did ask for the infotainment system to have a "performance" tab where we could see air temps, oil temps and boost pressure. I also said it was a shame that the wheel doesn't telescope. It seems pretty standard on all cars that the wheel is 4 way adjustable.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I recently did the JD Powers survey. Honestly think the Fiat questions were irrelevant and they really wanted to know my web browsing habits. The car questions were silly, but the web search, app usage, etc were quite detailed. the time not worth the $1 they gave me, but was curious so finished. And I'm now spending the $100,000 I'm going to win on car upgrades......

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my favorite were the trick questions to be sure you were reading the questions

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mine had three trick questions. something like there would be a paragraph that starts w/ a sentence then a statement specifically telling you to pick a specific answer and then another sentence. if you just glanced at the paragraph you likely missed the middle section. there also was one with a long list of items/features you would rate and one of the lines said just rate this line something specific in among actually items.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
No questions for me here in Sydney; not from FCA, not from the dealer, not from anyone giving away dollars! :crying:
I usually get a Car Buyer Survey within a few months of buying a new car in Aus. Can't remember who compiles it but it is an industry association and it's pretty much the same survey each time. No prize money though.

Doubt if I'll see one from Fiat Chrysler Australia though. They seem to be a pretty slack bunch.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The "trick" questions are there to weed out people who are just going through the motions to be entered in the sweepstakes; surveys from those who cannot answer the trick questions correctly are not included in the results.

Surveys matter since the manufacturers pay for them to be conducted, and really try to improve their products based on the results. It is hard to find a bad car these days since there is so much competition. But there are some that rate worse than the others:

http://fcauthority.com/2017/02/fca-once-again-scores-poorly-in-vehicle-dependability-study/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts