Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

In the process of making a video reviewing the Madness Coil Pack Set, and I have to say, they look pretty rad.

More impressive is the Brisk Silver spark plugs that I got along with the coil pack. Check out the difference in the plugs :eek: . Also, note that the engine cover won't go back on very well with the angle of the coil pack connectors, which doesn't bother me, but might turn away other potential buyers.

Video should be up soon, along with a short installation write up. Honestly, I'm not nearly as good as @XtremeRevolution in putting together how-tos, but I'll do what I can. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Keep in mind that the Brisk silver plugs do not last long at all. They'll last about 5000 miles with street driving, and probably a lot less under racing conditions.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep in mind that the Brisk silver plugs do not last long at all. They'll last about 5000 miles with street driving, and probably a lot less under racing conditions.

Yeah, well... If at 4500 miles, that's what the stock ones looked like. I don't mind trying these out for sure. :D

·
Vendor
621 Posts
Thank you for the feedback!

We actually hadn't noticed about the engine cover fitment because we usually end up taking all of the stock engine covers off. We will work on a spacer to work with this and are also working on some engine cover options.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
My NGEN coil packs have the same issue, so no engine cover on mine at this time. I'm looking forward to aftermarket engine cover solutions.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
That stock plug in the pic looks normal to me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ok, my bad, I thought the electrode had been burnt down to a point after starting from a full flat like the one on the right. I guess I need to become more ...."familiar" with my parts before I draw conclusions, sorry.

J

·
Administrator
1,925 Posts
Stock plugs I assume are iridium. The tips are much, much smaller brand new. We have them on our Cruze as well, and we noticed that they last much longer and the gaps don't widen anywhere near as fast, but the copper plugs provided better throttle response and low-RPM performance at the expense of the plug gap widening much more quickly. It's a trade-off made to reduce maintenance requirements on newer vehicles.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Hey guys,

In the process of making a video reviewing the Madness Coil Pack Set, and I have to say, they look pretty rad.

More impressive is the Brisk Silver spark plugs that I got along with the coil pack. Check out the difference in the plugs :eek: . Also, note that the engine cover won't go back on very well with the angle of the coil pack connectors, which doesn't bother me, but might turn away other potential buyers.

Video should be up soon, along with a short installation write up. Honestly, I'm not nearly as good as @XtremeRevolution in putting together how-tos, but I'll do what I can. :D
A few washers under the pins that snap into the cover to space it up and a small slot cut in the cover will take care of that issue...;)

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
A few washers under the pins that snap into the cover to space it up and a small slot cut in the cover will take care of that issue...;)
Hi PureAdrenaline, what thickness washer did you use? Cheers

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I unscrewed the mounting studs as far as they would go, and it did not provide me the required clearance. I think the key here is notching the stock cover.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
I unscrewed the mounting studs as far as they would go, and it did not provide me the required clearance. I think the key here is notching the stock cover.
You are correct...no spacer will help unless the cover is notched...once notched it only takes about 3 washers on the back 2 pins and none on the front pin to gain clearance...

·
Registered
291 Posts
You are correct...no spacer will help unless the cover is notched...once notched it only takes about 3 washers on the back 2 pins and none on the front pin to gain clearance...
Thanks PureArenaline

·
Registered
108 Posts
What kind of paint did you use. Really like the red.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
No review then?

Interested in these RED Madness Coils...

·
Vendor
621 Posts
No review then?

Interested in these RED Madness Coils...
Hi there!

If we can be of any assistance or have any questions, please feel free to reach out!

We ship these coils daily around the world! We back them up with a lifetime warranty. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts