Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it seems clear at this point the two red "lights" in the rear are fog lights in some countries. Really bugs me to be honest, and I have added rear fogs to European cars that don't have them in the US. But really, on this car I don't need rear fogs. So what to do???

Watching the Grand Tour review they showed and mentioned that the front turn signals flash under hard braking. I have no idea if this is true in the US.

But if it is, how about connecting the front flashers to the rear non-functional fog lights? They would flash under hard braking. I think that would be pretty cool and a safety feature. Kind of like some motorcycles do.

Beyond my comfort with electrical skills...but a qualified and capable company like Euro Compulsion (Greg?) could pull it off easy and offer a kit. Especially if they were low draw LED's

Reactions: jleo

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
For a car that is under 4' tall, I think this is an excellent idea.

It could probably tap right off the rear brake lights, then install the modulating light function in this lower fog light location.

Steve.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For a car that is under 4' tall, I think this is an excellent idea.

It could probably tap right off the rear brake lights, then install the modulating light function in this lower fog light location.

Steve.
True, those are only about $60 and easy to install. I think ideally I like the flash under hard braking only, but this could be a quick fix for safety.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts