Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Madness is located up the street from me. I know that they had the lower rocker panel valence in product development, which might be the case for the spoiler as well. You might want to email them.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have never a fan of how Abarth did the boot lid with the Heritage Pack stripe, however I'm thinking if it was terminated with this spoiler, rather than wrapping it all the way down to the edge, it'd look rather schmick! :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have never a fan of how Abarth did the boot lid with the Heritage Pack stripe, however I'm thinking if it was terminated with this spoiler, rather than wrapping it all the way down to the edge, it'd look rather schmick! :)
My first thought as well! Also wish they would make an ABS version as well that could be wrapped

·
Registered
805 Posts
Here we go again...I told you guys we need an Aussie/American English translator app. Schmick??
I'm guessing that would be a good thing, eh??

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hi folks,

does anyone know who makes this spoiler? Madness does not list it on their website.

Thanks!
That is a carbon fiber spoiler. I spoke with the Madness guys about it at the Austin car show that I attended in January. They said that they will be marketing it. It is a cool piece of bling.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The tough thing for me is that it is carbon fiber. Why?

1. Well other than looks it does nothing practical in these applications. Don't get me wrong, I do like carbon fiber as bling
2. There is not carbon fiber anywhere else. To me if you do this, you need some more to balance it out. Emblems, front lip, interior, mirror caps..you get the idea
3. Once you head down this rabbit hole, carbon fiber (real) can be like crack! So additive. Where will the "madness" end?! REV9 has some nice bits and pieces as well
4. If it was ABS and you could wrap it to match it would be at least half the price.
5. Wrapping real carbon fiber makes me sad.. :(

Found some more images online, it actually looks really good, not over done. It would look so good with the rear deck wrap Heritage Stripe stopping with it like MotoPete suggested. Dang it!!

Might have to add it to my long list.....

·
Registered
958 Posts
The tough thing for me is that it is carbon fiber. Why?

1. Well other than looks it does nothing practical in these applications. Don't get me wrong, I do like carbon fiber as bling
2. There is not carbon fiber anywhere else. To me if you do this, you need some more to balance it out. Emblems, front lip, interior, mirror caps..you get the idea
3. Once you head down this rabbit hole, carbon fiber (real) can be like crack! So additive. Where will the "madness" end?! REV9 has some nice bits and pieces as well
4. If it was ABS and you could wrap it to match it would be at least half the price.
5. Wrapping real carbon fiber makes me sad.. :(

Found some more images online, it actually looks really good, not over done. It would look so good with the rear deck wrap Heritage Stripe stopping with it like MotoPete suggested. Dang it!!

Might have to add it to my long list.....
The trim down the sides (mini running boards. ;) ) is also carbon fiber, if that helps.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Madness is located up the street from me. I know that they had the lower rocker panel valence in product development, which might be the case for the spoiler as well. You might want to email them.
Hi Jim, I have emailed a couple of times now about certain product questions but haven't had a response unfortunately.

I don't suppose you'd be willing to pop in on your way past and ask if they'd be willing to do a forum group buy? There seems to be good interest so far :)

Cheers,
Ant.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hi Jim, I have emailed a couple of times now about certain product questions but haven't had a response unfortunately.

I don't suppose you'd be willing to pop in on your way past and ask if they'd be willing to do a forum group buy? There seems to be good interest so far :)

Cheers,
Ant.
Maybe a call would be better. The managers name is Joe, a real nice guy. When I stop by I'll tell them that the forum natives are getting restless, lol. Personally, I'm mostly interested in the MX5 style aluminum door sill plates, with an Abarth or 124 logo. That could certainly generate enough interest for a group buy.

Reactions: MotoPete and Ant

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Faux carbon fibre is my No1 pet hate. Carbon fibre should only ever be exposed when its real.

Reactions: Stewie

·
Registered
579 Posts
Personally, I'm mostly interested in the MX5 style aluminum door sill plates, with an Abarth or 124 logo. That could certainly generate enough interest for a group buy.
Me too, if the postage to the UK isn't a killer

Reactions: snowman

·
Registered
140 Posts
I spoke with the guy who owns the car on reddit and it took like 3 weeks for him to respond back to me but he did say they will be coming out with a frp version and that they should be able to paint match it for $100-150. Obviously these arent official numbers but hopefully it stays around that price. The frp version should be priced a lower price point too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I definitely like what I see here, very nice. Two versions (one ABS, one CF) would be easy to produce, as the mold/die would be the exact same. So, they could divide the tooling costs across two commodities and recoup that way.

Italian cars and carbon fiber are simply meant to be together.

I'm really hoping someone, somewhere produces a CF rear diffuser with a bit more of an aggressive look to it.

But the spoiler is perfectly proportioned; big enough to notice, but not unsightly.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts