Ok. Wow. So over my head. Strongly doubt this mod can be done by me. I waffle daily between yes I can and good grief no....Finished. Took me several hours but I was taking my time..soldering connection points, wrapping the wiring in automotive wiring wrap and tape.
Drilling the hole is a little difficult as there is a plastic nipple right in the middle of the drill point. (Unless you use a 7/8” hole saw which could help avoid this) I end up using a hot knife on my soldering iron and sliced it off. Then I used a step drill bit. Make sure you center the hole as the lamp connector needs to fit DEAD center. The reason is the round plastic rim (outside of your new hole, which is molded into the base) will interfere with your mounting the lamp connector.
I also wrapped 3M Electrical tape around the lamp base and led bulb. I noticed the LED bulb wasn’t a super tight fit and could be bumped loose while installing.
I also used a self tapping screw to mount my ground point. I just tapped it into the metal right below the area others used the factory bolt as a ground. I didn’t have a big enough circle or spade connector that would fit the bolt. I cut back the black rubber covering the several wires that had the brown which I needed to tap into for the brake power. I used the Posi-Tap and that worked great.
I’m happy with the results.
Sorry I didnt take pictures...I didn’t have my phone on me while I was doing the work.
I did get it later and took a video. I’ll try and attach it.
(FYI—-most of the parts I used are from this thread. The only difference was I used some of the red/black wire sleeve I have (3/8 inch) and the tape and wire loom tape. (Which was leftover from my 1966 Barracuda Electrical engine bay overhaul.)