Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2017 124 Albarth Spider into Johnsons Fiat Albarth Main dealer in Swindon and they said both rear lower arm bushes has movement and they needed urgent attention they said my only option was to replaced both OS & NS pillars at a cost including labour of £3,431.95 I have just had the bushes replaced at Bill Hill Garage Ltd, Ball Hill, Newbury for £299.76. I could have wasted over £3000 by listening to the main dealer.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ive just posted under the problems section as my car has just had an advisory on the MOT for play in the pin bearing whish are part of the lower arms. Do you know if it was these bearing/bushes that coursed your problem. If so do you know the part number Bill Hill Garage fitted. Cheers

·
Registered
761 Posts
I took my 2017 124 Albarth Spider into Johnsons Fiat Albarth Main dealer in Swindon and they said both rear lower arm bushes has movement and they needed urgent attention they said my only option was to replaced both OS & NS pillars at a cost including labour of £3,431.95 I have just had the bushes replaced at Bill Hill Garage Ltd, Ball Hill, Newbury for £299.76. I could have wasted over £3000 by listening to the main dealer.
Unbelievable.... Nope totally believable and sad too... The "stealers" continue to devalue their reason to stay in existence... After Sales Servicing is a complete lottery on the 124....famously my supplying Dealer didn't even have Spark Plugs in stock for Service 3....I had to get the set for them. My local Independent Garage will be carrying out Service 6 in November, including Cam Belt change.... I would take this up with Johnsons Fiat Abarth... They should squirm a little at least?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts