Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have recently been on a track day and used for the second times my Toyo R888 205/17. Temperature was very hot 30 celsius. According to spec I haveinflated these tires 2.0/2.1 bar ( 30 psi) when hot . They handle very well and super happy in cornering. Now something that was happening exiting some curves and in acceeration was that the rear tires were slipping , the engine was raising , car a bit unstable ( i was almost straight) but the feeling was the same of a wet surface. The TSC was disabled of course. I have stopped and a mechanic there told me that the tire were inflated "correctly", sticky, way too sticky for the hot temperature etc etc.
Now I was blaimimg the temperature , but talking and reading here ad there, someone told me that it could be the clutch, but I have the feeling with my bottom that the car was sliding as well not just a power loss. I have set the rear of the car being higher 1 cm than the front, I have no strut bars ( original ones) . I mean accelerating with your car while still in a curve , it s normal to drift ( open differential here) ; but Toyo? new? sliding with the car almost straight? What should be that ? Car is a Fiat 124. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts