Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a need to fit a rear wind deflector to their car. I have seen one of these and was wondering if they are beneficial?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Windrestrictor company has some neat stuff for the 124.

·
Registered
669 Posts

·
772 Posts
Very soon, Auto Ricambi will have these windbreakers in stock for the 124 Spider. If you like this kind of thing, it is a good way to personalize your Spider.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Matt - scroll up, it's in Ameridan's post
Hi, yes and thank you. Yesterday I found the file on the ponoko site but didn't want to sub to that. Maybe it was out there without the need to sub to ponoko. When I design object's I share them on thingiverse, hence. Today I thought "I realy want to print 2x ssh16 plug". So, got the file and will give it a go. :)

Cheers, Matt

·
Registered
17 Posts
Like most of you on this forum, I am not too impressed with the stock wind deflector. It does not seem that effective, and it looks like something off a dishwasher rack.

I wanted something that looked as if it was an integrated part of the car, and I did not want a cut-out for operating the roof from the driver’s seat as it seemed to me that such a cut-out could reduce the effectiveness of the deflector.

I looked at the products mentioned in this forum, but eventually bought a deflector from ATH – Hinsberger in Germany (http://www.ath-hinsberger.de/Windschott-Fiat-Spider-124.html). I chose this because the mounting frame looked good, being continuous along the bottom and up the sides. The frame mounts into the original mounting holes and screws into the sides of the roll bars, thus providing support against wind buffeting. Also, with me being from the UK and with this product shipping from Germany, there were no hidden custom’s and duty charges, as there would have been had I chosen a product sourced from the US.

Wind Deflector.jpg

Wind Deflector 2.jpg

The acrylic pane fits into a groove in the frame and is tightened using grub screws near the top of the sides. The pane is slightly loose in the bottom part of the groove and rattled a bit at low speed, but that was easily sorted by sticking small pieces of electrical insulation tape to the bottom/sides of the pane (small enough to be hidden by the frame). Now it is rattle free.

Hinsberger offer three heights, 80mm, 120mm and 160mm. I chose the 160mm high one. It is much better than the stock deflector, but I have nothing else to compare it against.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just bumping this thread to make it current. There was a problem which delayed my post above appearing till last night so it did not appear in the recent posts list.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Very soon, Auto Ricambi will have these windbreakers in stock for the 124 Spider. If you like this kind of thing, it is a good way to personalize your Spider.

Yes Brett, you can certainly personalize your Spider. Here's how I personalized my 124A with the WindRestrictor. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks good, but at 249,00 € without P&P that still seems mighty expensive? :eek:
Yes it is expensive. But to put it in context, the clear WindRestrictor (no etching or illumination) is $219 +$70 shipping from US to UK (shipping cost from their website), which totals $289 which is about 240€. Then there are the import taxes imposed on that (VAT at 20% plus customs duty at 2.5% - rates from HMRC website).

With postage from Germany I paid 269€ in total, and there are no import taxes within Europe (not at the moment anyway). I think I would have paid more ordering a similar product from the US.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Of course the windscreen is a useless pos. As to the plugs and printing them and all, I am trying to keep my life simpler than that. Is there anybody who will sell me the plugs? My sincere thanks in advance to anybody with an offer or directions to a place I can look. Ralph

1 - 20 of 83 Posts