Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This might be silly, but at the car wash the other day I was told that the rear window is plastic (not glass) and that I shouldn't use anything but water to clean it.

Is that true? I'd like to think the days of the blurred out foggy rear window are behind us.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's glass and also...

This might be silly, but at the car wash the other day I was told that the rear window is plastic (not glass) and that I shouldn't use anything but water to clean it.

Is that true? I'd like to think the days of the blurred out foggy rear window are behind us.
I hope the car wash you were at is a Hand Car Wash shop, and not an automatic car wash , because, I believe you may be in violation of you warranty if you use high pressure car washers. I think it in the owners manual.

Welcome to the forums.

Grandpa Bill.
Austin , Tx:)

·
Registered
560 Posts
It's definitely glass, and even marked as safety glass as on the other windows.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse, but I would think that it is therefore OK to use RainX on the rear window. Anyone done this and found that it works OK?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse, but I would think that it is therefore OK to use RainX on the rear window. Anyone done this and found that it works OK?
Yes, I use rainX on it. I'm a bit more careful where it is sprayed, as I don't know what affect it will have on the top. Works no problems, but there is probably little need for it on the rear window, except to help 'stuff' not stick to it.

I also use it on the side windows too.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I applied as soon as I took posession. Only problem with rear window or glass, is that I forget I don't have a wiper:nerd:. cause my other cars have and had.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
its only water!

I use the Weather Channel to avoid driving in the rain, cheaper than Rain-X

haha..thats hard to do on an Island...but then again I didn't buy Wendy to let her be a garage queen...I've had too many of those over the years. Time to enjoy my hard work!!!! besides the liquid sunshine ..washes off the dead bugs. :)

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts

its glass bro! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts