Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nuova Dino

(I am curious about the tan interior... seat shape and stiching matches the Classica's vs. the Lusso's - looks like a nice reupholster job)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Firstly, this is not my 124 Spider , I just seen the post on Carscoops and thought I would share it :)

Someone seemed to have changed the badges all around with Ferrari badges and even put a prancing horse on the grill too !

Fooling anyone ? ;)
I suspect it will fool half the people. The prancing horse on the grill looks like it's about to fall on it's back though.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
The owner is a member of the Fiat 124 Spider 2017 Fan Club group on FaceBook. It's possible he is a member here, too. It's definitely not my thing, but we should probably be mindful of others, it's his car he can do what he wants with it.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
This guy wants to be a WANNA BE Ferraristi,
Color is right, badges ok, Italian made well concepts yes, but lacks the $$$ of a Ferraristi. C'mon tell the guy or that SCPAAK to get real.:nerd:

so he buys the Lusso model thinking he's driving the Ferrari 250 GT Lusso. CAFONE!

·
Administrator
1,928 Posts
The guy is on one of the Facebook groups for this platform, and did it as a joke. He's not trying to fool anyone, although some people are taking it far too seriously.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I can only imagine that when people see that car in person they will say "that's not a Ferrrari"
But when they see the 124 with the FIAT/ Abarth badges they say "Is that a Ferrari?!?"
Haha

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep, was just going to say that there is undeniable humor in this. The huffing and puffing from the faithful would likely be worth the price of admission alone to the prankster :) And someone who might really think our 124 a Ferrari, regardless of what'd been slapped on its bodywork, must be clueless enough to not care or be bothered.

Team Voodoo's "Pollo Rampante" decals would also be a nice way to make a similar joke:

And man, I just might get me some of these mats :)

http://www.thompson-automotive.com/catalog/item/5879815/10274002.htm

·
Registered
230 Posts
I can only imagine that when people see that car in person they will say "that's not a Ferrrari"
But when they see the 124 with the FIAT/ Abarth badges they say "Is that a Ferrari?!?"
Haha
:D Yes, Probably better just to leave'm guessing. For even the Classica and Lusso, it's not really obvious what it is, especially from the rear, with the Fiat badge laying flat on the trunk hood.

I can almost see putting an Alfa Romeo badge on the Spider, though. ;) If Sergio hadn't intervened with his "Alfa's need to be made in Italy" decree, this car was going to roll out of Hiroshima with an Alfa Romeo badge on it. We all would have had the pleasure of paying more, with most of those bucks probably going to pay for the name. I'll stick with my "poor man's Ferrari." ;)

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I'm glad it came out as the Fiat 124. I wouldn't have bought an Alfa Spider.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Wait until Abarth put out their inevitable "Tributo Ferrari" version.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The guy is on one of the Facebook groups for this platform, and did it as a joke. He's not trying to fool anyone, although some people are taking it far too seriously.
Once Carscoops posted it, he got a lot more attention than he initially wanted I guess ??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts