Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was looking for videos show how to replace the fuel pump or remove the fuel tank but was unable to find any. I looked for the tank removal because the last time that I had all the trunk panels out to install sound dampening plates I was able to see the fuel tank. Just didn't occurred to me to look if the fuel tank can be remove through the trunk. Just asking since I could not find any videos or links showing removal or replacement of either one.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Nope, it's accessed from inside the cabin. Here's a deconstructed ND MX-5 for reference:

·
Registered
Abarth 124 Spider Turismo, 02/2017
45 Posts
You know what the funny thing is? Every single time you do this kinda job, there are 1-2 screws always left behind. In 3-4 years, you can build a whole new spider with those ^^ (says the guy who apparently can now completly build out the motor and has 2 screws left from when he build out the transmission :DDDDD)

Anyway, good luck, everything will work out just fine.

Reactions: Fortuna

·
Registered
700 Posts
You know what the funny thing is? Every single time you do this kinda job, there are 1-2 screws always left behind. In 3-4 years, you can build a whole new spider with those ^^ (says the guy who apparently can now completly build out the motor and has 2 screws left from when he build out the transmission :DDDDD)
This is why when my local dealer finally gets the parts in I'm going to remove enough of the interior myself to access the fuel pump, minus the driver seat just so I can drive it there. Too many times have I experienced missing/broken clips, stripped bolts, grease on fabrics...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Just got my 2nd notice to schedule, more than 8 months after the 1st notice. Will see how it goes.

Reactions: HCKLV

·
Premium Member
2019 A124 Manual
153 Posts
Yeah I just got my second notice too. Nobody in my house had seen the first one and I am not too happy admitting that anything is wrong with me spider. I think they should use more discreet envelopes, god forbid if my neighbors saw =(

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah I just got my second notice too. Nobody in my house had seen the first one and I am not too happy admitting that anything is wrong with me spider. I think they should use more discreet envelopes, god forbid if my neighbors saw =(
I wouldn't worry about the intention of a recall. A lot of cars have them.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Kain:
Where is your dealership??
Safford Springfield, Virginia. I've never been there before but hear good things from the local Fiat chapter. I bought my car out of state and do my own service.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just got a notice telling me to contact the dealer and make an appointment. I called this morning and have an appointment for Monday to replace the FDM. The notice alleges that it should take about two hours to replace, I guess I will wait and see, but I doubt that.

·
Registered
2019 Abarth
4 Posts
Just scheduled this late on Friday. I was told that it would take two appointments. First one they have to look at the car, then they can order parts. Second one they will actually fix it.

It all sounds like bologna to me so I'm calling back on Monday to see if I can speak to someone who knows something.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just scheduled this late on Friday. I was told that it would take two appointments. First one they have to look at the car, then they can order parts. Second one they will actually fix it.

It all sounds like bologna to me so I'm calling back on Monday to see if I can speak to someone who knows something.
Maybe they want to "look" at it so as not to do the work and tell you it's all good, lol!
If it's a recall, they should just order the parts then make an appointment for install.
This whole recall is so ass-backwards.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Is just a recall, but when the original notice came out they provided a link to register the vehicles involved so they could be contacted once the parts are available. It would make no sense to send the 2nd notice telling us to call and set an appointment if the dealership does not have the parts in stock already, that would be a complete waste of time. I also asked the dealer service department if they actually have a fiat trained technician in their shop, and was told that they do.

·
Registered
793 Posts
A while back I got a text telling me to set the appointment. I texted back "is the part in?" I have received no response in like a month. I am sure the dealership wants to use the first appointment as a chance to upsell you on something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I have a 2019 Abarth 124 Spider with 15k miles. It has the Y92 recall booked against it. Any update on part availability??
This car was sold to me in March as a CPO.. but when it came time to do the sale, the chrysler fiat dealer computer system would not allow the CPO deal to go through because of outstanding recall.. I was told once the recall gets done the car can get booked as CPO which adds 3 years /20kmi to warranty, so I am anxious to get it done. The 4 year original warranty expires in Jan 23.
Heya, I called my local dealership here in FL, and they said as long as I made the appt, they could order the part. Just got off the phone with them to verify that the part is in - and it is! #longestrecallever

61 - 80 of 104 Posts