Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider, Mare Blue / Nero Abarth Leather, Brembo's, Record Monza, Automatic
1,362 Posts
For all of you that questioned the lack of parts for this recall, and blamed poor FCA/Stellantis management and procedures, please take this into consideration. GM just recalled 682,000 Chevy and GMC SUV's for a windshield wiper failure issue. No parts are available to fix these cars, and the dealers contacted had no clue as to when parts would be available. Please know that I am not writing to argue or make anybody feel bad - only to point out that this is not a FCA/Stellantis issue. It is a multi industry issue. Best, s

·
Registered
368 Posts
For all of you that questioned the lack of parts for this recall, and blamed poor FCA/Stellantis management and procedures, please take this into consideration. GM just recalled 682,000 Chevy and GMC SUV's for a windshield wiper failure issue. No parts are available to fix these cars, and the dealers contacted had no clue as to when parts would be available. Please know that I am not writing to argue or make anybody feel bad - only to point out that this is not a FCA/Stellantis issue. It is a multi industry issue. Best, s
Fair comment. Hyundai has pretty extensive recalls too.

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider, Mare Blue / Nero Abarth Leather, Brembo's, Record Monza, Automatic
1,362 Posts
Fair comment. Hyundai has pretty extensive recalls too.
Why, Yes They Do! And their cars (Along with sister Kia) have cars sitting in the backs of dealer lots for months waiting for engine parts. And wiper parts. OEM batteries for warranty were unavailable for months and months. Again, not dumping on Hyundai/Kia, the problem is common among many manufacturers. And not only cars - I've been waiting the better part of a year for a OEM flash unit for my camera! s.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just went into my local service area and they printed out what is needed. Wasn't suppose to take it/keep it so I took photos of it.
I am getting parts ordered and once in, they will call me for install.
Hope this helps.
2.5 hours work.
I told them I'm going to watch the work because I'm a picky SOB. 😂
Font Parallel Paper Paper product Document

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Paper

Font Rectangle Paper Paper product Document

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just went into my local service area and they printed out what is needed. Wasn't suppose to take it/keep it so I took photos of it.
I am getting parts ordered and once in, they will call me for install.
Hope this helps.
2.5 hours work.
I told them I'm going to watch the work because I'm a picky SOB. 😂
View attachment 93840

View attachment 93836

View attachment 93838
🤣🤣🤣 I get it, I do not like the idea of leaving the car overnight at their shop. My main worry is that in some shops they work in a hurry and they love their power tools. I just do not believe much in using power tools when assembling parts in a car, the chances of stripping the screws are higher.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just had Y92 recall work completed today. Parts ordered 7/11/2022, arrived 2 days later and installed today. Checked in at 10 AM and work was completed at 1:42 PM. Great job at dealership - Addy's Harbor Dodge - Myrtle Beach SC.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just had Y92 recall work completed today. Parts ordered 7/11/2022, arrived 2 days later and installed today. Checked in at 10 AM and work was completed at 1:42 PM. Great job at dealership - Addy's Harbor Dodge - Myrtle Beach SC.
I'm going under the knife on Tuesday. Hope I have the same experience.
Glad to read it went smoothly.

·
Registered
2019 Abarth 124 Rally Tribute Tribute
34 Posts
I do not understand why a laptop and special software is required for a hardware fuel pump replacement. Anyone know what they are doing with that? Are they changing a fuel map or something?

Does anyone know of a dealer in the NC Triad that you would trust to do this work? I usually take mine in for service at Alfa of Greensboro but they are not authorized to do Fiat warranty work any longer even though they have the only Fiat Master Certified Tech in the area.

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,295 Posts
Likely there is some sort of software update, they are checking for any updates, or simply searching and clearing codes that may have been stored in the system. Warrantee is very anal about replacing stuff they want a bunch of info. Rest assured they are not harming the vehicle unless they do a reprogram and your tuned then you should inform them not to update anything.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi All, for those doing the recall, good time to check the catch basins/drains on either side to clean out any debris/leaves, that may have accumulated from the cabrio roof.
I asked the mechanic to clean them out and in addition, he has cleaned out the back as there were a few loose leaves.
He will also blow through them to make sure it is all clean.

These are the catch basins on either side of the roof that sit behind the seats.
There is a video on YouTube that "DropTopTees" did if you want to do it yourself.
Just thought it would be a good time to do it now while the entire back is open.

Also maybe good time to grease any roof/hinges for the drop top should it be squeaky.
Typically around the 30,000km mark is a good time to do it.

·
Registered
2019 Abarth 124 Rally Tribute Tribute
34 Posts
If you have a tune it is necessary to know what they are doing in the computer. You will likely have to uninstall your tune and restore to factory before having this recall completed if they are making changes. If they are doing something to the fuel maps, etc., then you might need to provide the new base tune to your tuner and get a new tune post recall. Just trusting what they are doing is unacceptable.

They could be doing nothing to affect the tune and in that case it's no biggie.

·
Registered
368 Posts
So I had a great experience here in Ontario Canada.
Mechanic was meticulous and let me see the disassembly midway, showed me the old fuel pump (nothing wrong with it) but better to change it out than keep it.
They told me it would have cost about $1000 Canadian to the work if it had to be done without recall.
That being said, glad a new/better/functioning one got installed.
Mechanic also cleaned out debris traps at no charge.

I'm a happy camper! 😬

·
Registered
4 Posts
I called my closest dealership yesterday (Norwood, Massachusetts). Service advisor transferred me to the Parts guy. He said he cannot order the part until 7/26/22. Won't know how long for part to get there until he can place the order. I'm supposed to get a call back when it's ordered. Dibs on whether or not I get a call back any time soon?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I called my closest dealership yesterday (Norwood, Massachusetts). Service advisor transferred me to the Parts guy. He said he cannot order the part until 7/26/22. Won't know how long for part to get there until he can place the order. I'm supposed to get a call back when it's ordered. Dibs on whether or not I get a call back any time soon?
When I put an order in for parts, they came the next day.
I know there is a first batch so when that depletes, they might be on back order again but not sure.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just drop off my car this morning for the recall. The tech told me it will take two days (I complained about how some tech are trigger happy with power tools stripping threats and bolts) in order to prevent any damage, plus they have to fix the sagging in the soft top near the rear window. I make sure they understood that I do not want a rush job, wanted done right the first time. BTW, the notice said it will take 2 1/2 hrs, but the tech said no, if done properly it will take at least two days.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts