Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yippee!!

Late this after I received a message from the dealership, we have a VIN for my Classica! The car is still in Japan, though, but is scheduled for delivery in June. He said early June, I'll just say June.

One day at a time...

Steve.

·
Registered
208 Posts
And you probably thought it was painful waiting for the VIN. Now the real pain starts.:)
Hope it gets here early for you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wishing the boat fair winds and a calm sea stevet! The wait can be excruciating, believe me I know, and mine was only coming from Nevada!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wrote a deposit check the first week of February and now expect delivery 4 months later. 2+ months remaining. Well, others here have had it far worse than I, but without a doubt, all of our road salt will be washed away by then. And that was my #1 concern.

Now, to finish making room in the garage...

Steve.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Oh boy, get excited! We can debate later which is harder: Waiting 4 months for the car to arrive, or waiting 3 months while you car is in a snow covered garage (you can go out in the cold to visit it, but don't dare take it out on the salty roads)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Did you receive the POC for the car? If so, at the lower right you will see a field called "PSP": what does it show? My car was ordered in Sep. 2016 and is not expected for a few more months so I feel your pain! But I just bought a new ZX-14 to hold me over.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh boy, get excited! We can debate later which is harder: Waiting 4 months for the car to arrive, or waiting 3 months while you car is in a snow covered garage (you can go out in the cold to visit it, but don't dare take it out on the salty roads)
No debate- 3 months while it teases, taunts, and tortures you from inside your own garage as you are waiting patiently for the winter conditions to be gone. But at least you can sit in it and imagine.

We're pretty clean of salt now after a few recent rains. The snow is gone. I took out a motorcycle for the first time this season yesterday afternoon, but with a cloudy sky and 43 degrees it was not a long ride, only 30 miles.

Steve.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you receive the POC for the car? If so, at the lower right you will see a field called "PSP": what does it show? My car was ordered in Sep. 2016 and is not expected for a few more months so I feel your pain! But I just bought a new ZX-14 to hold me over.
I got just a verbal on the VIN, no paperwork. It was a car destined for this dealer to begin with, no special ordering. In early Feb. I'd asked the dealer what his future inventory included and he showed me the list created a few months before that. I just made my claim to this particular car long before its expected arrival. A late model year production run, so by now all the fine folks assembling it have this stuff down pat. Or something like that.

A new Kawasaki ZX-14? Cripes! A two-wheeled rocket. Stay alive long enough to see your new car!

Steve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts