Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All - New member here.

After a short blast through Italy in a rental Abarth 124, I have decided to take the plunge and get one of my own.

After a bit of research and some local (based in South Africa) test drives, it seems that the versions of the 124 we get here are bit down-specced - particularly in the exhaust department. My car in Italy had the RM and it sounded fantastic, but the versions here sound nowhere near as good and are apparently just shipped with NED Quad exhaust tips.

So here's an odd question (I think) - my current car is an Abarth 500 with the RM fitted in 2013. I live in Johannesburg so rust is not an issue, so was thinking of porting that exhaust onto the new 124 - is the 500 RM the same unit as the 124's and can they be swapped out?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Hello All - New member here.

After a short blast through Italy in a rental Abarth 124, I have decided to take the plunge and get one of my own.

After a bit of research and some local (based in South Africa) test drives, it seems that the versions of the 124 we get here are bit down-specced - particularly in the exhaust department. My car in Italy had the RM and it sounded fantastic, but the versions here sound nowhere near as good and are apparently just shipped with NED Quad exhaust tips.

So here's an odd question (I think) - my current car is an Abarth 500 with the RM fitted in 2013. I live in Johannesburg so rust is not an issue, so was thinking of porting that exhaust onto the new 124 - is the 500 RM the same unit as the 124's and can they be swapped out?
It wont work they are very different as seen in the pictures below
Good luck with your 124.

Abarth 500 Record Monza

Abarth 124 Record Monza

Attachments

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
On the bright side, there are a lot of different exhaust options for the spider

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Also, now for 2019 you can actually order it with that exhaust as an option. Like I did ? I’ll have the RM!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses guys!

Looks like i'll have to order a new one... Waiting for local pricing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also, now for 2019 you can actually order it with that exhaust as an option. Like I did ? I’ll have the RM!
I have an Spider 124 Abarth 2017. If I buy the RM exhaust, that is available for the 2019, will it fit in my car?
I just want to make it sure before I buy it.

Thank you!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have an Spider 124 Abarth 2017. If I buy the RM exhaust, that is available for the 2019, will it fit in my car?

Thank you!
Yes. I have a 2017 Abarth and I just added the RM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes. I have a 2017 Abarth and I just added the RM.
Thank you man!! I just ordered mine. I hope installing it is easy. I am not very experienced. Also, I will be trying to sell my original one. If some have an idea of how to sell it fast ( reasonable price), it is welcome to share.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts

Thank you!
Ofc

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Thank you man!! I just ordered mine. I hope installing it is easy. I am not very experienced. Also, I will be trying to sell my original one. If some have an idea of how to sell it fast ( reasonable price), it is welcome to share.
It is easy as pie to replace. The OEM one you might get some some money for it at the local metal recycling plant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts