Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am now in the process of purchasing an Abarth124 Spider. I had the old Punto Essesse and loved it, especially the exhaust tone. As a result, I am specifically after the record Monza exhaust system.

the one I am looking at has been advertised as having the record Monza, but I am not convinced. It is being checked by the dealership next week, but just incase they try to pull the wool over my eyes to secure a sale, is there anything very specific to the Record Monza pipes which I can use identify it for sure?
If needed I can try to get photos!

Thanks all

Harry.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
2,359 Posts
There is a flapper bypass valve at the muffler section. It is pretty evident if there or not.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The Abarth scorpion logo is embossed on the underside of the muffler.

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
2,359 Posts

To the right of the muffler is that rectangle at a 45*, that's the bypass valve. You will become friends with it if you get it, it will need love and care to stay functional.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
The stock exhaust is lame!! Once you start the engine with the record Monza you will know. The OEM exhaust is so lame, you have to rev the engine to make sure it is running.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the Abarth and it's rather loud and throaty. Don't see the flapper valves in the pipes. Does that mean I dont have the Monza ?

It does have the 4 pipes.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Look underneath the muffler per my previous post.

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
582 Posts
The stock exhaust is lame!! Once you start the engine with the record Monza you will know. The OEM exhaust is so lame, you have to rev the engine to make sure it is running.
Note he’s in the UK, so if it’s an Abarth it comes with the Monza. I think he is worried some one swapped it out for an aftermarket unit. The lame NA market exhaust does not exist out side of NA. So sound may not be a sign of Monza but the sweet looking tuned pipes and scorpion on the suitcase should be all you need to tell if it’s on there. Also from what I have heard these exhausts get pretty messed up in the wet climates in say the UK so it would be a good idea to check if the flapper still moves freely. Good luck the Abarth is a fantastic machine and the Monza really brings it to life!

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
I have the Abarth and it's rather loud and throaty. Don't see the flapper valves in the pipes. Does that mean I dont have the Monza ?
It does have the 4 pipes.
The earlier years of the Abarths shipped to North America has a four pipe exhaust system, but it was not the Record Monza. I know, because that's what came on my 2017 Abarth, and it took a good long time to source a Record Monza and get it installed. Later model years came with the RM installed. So if you don't see a flat plate with a spring and valve flap, you have a car with the non-Record Monza 4 tip exhaust. The difference is obvious both visually (from under the car) and audibly if you're around the car when it's running. Examples below:
Video - Stock 4 tip exhaust
Video - Record Monza

Reactions: OurAbarth
1 - 14 of 14 Posts