Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking to buy an 124 Abarth online and I wanted to get one with the record monza exhaust. Is there a way to tell by looking at the tailpipes whether one is installed?

Much appreciated Phil.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Not really. The tips are identical to the non-RM Abarth. Ask the seller to provide an underneath shot of the muffler. The Record Monza will have the embossed scorpion logo.

·
Premium Member
2017 Prima Edizione, AT
200 Posts
If it came with a Record
Monza from the factory there will be
An Abarth Shield over the turn flashers
On each front fender
Here is a pic it’s hard to see but the shield is
Horizontal to the mirror
HTH
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
If it came with a Record
Monza from the factory there will be
An Abarth Shield over the turn flashers
On each front fender
Here is a pic it’s hard to see but the shield is
Horizontal to the mirror
HTH
You can't take fender badging as a certainty, especially as many of us purchased the OEM fender badging to add to the car when the earlier Abarth versions didn't come with the badges or the steering wheel badge. Case in point: here's a photo of my car. A 2017 Abarth. It didn't come with a RM, but it was added afterwards, as were the fender badges.
Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Plant

The only absolutely certain way to confirm it has the RM is to get the photo from under the rear of the car. Abarth RM will have the embossed scorpion logo, and even more easier to spot, would be the valve/flap assembly that sits on the driver side of the exhaust. If might also show up as a line item in the build sheet if you can get the VIN and get the build sheet off the web. If you run the build sheet for your Abarth, does it show the Record Monza as a line item in the list of options?

Reactions: mtnghost and CDNA

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Abarth
300 Posts
Hi, I'm looking to buy an 124 Abarth online and I wanted to get one with the record monza exhaust. Is there a way to tell by looking at the tailpipes whether one is installed?

Much appreciated Phil.
This is a view of the Record Monza from the top. The underside has an large Abarth scorpion emblem embossed in it, Looking at the car, you have to get down to see the bundle of pipes on the left side.
Automotive exhaust Nickel Bicycle part Auto part Font

The fender badges USUALLY indicate the Abarth model has the RM, BUT the badges can be purchased alone and installed by an owner.

This is best pic I have of RM on the car.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Reactions: CDNA

·
Premium Member
2017 Prima Edizione, AT
200 Posts
You are 1000%. Correct I would run a Carfax. Usually it there will be a link to view the window sticker. If it came from the factory it would listed in the options list.
if you can’t see the car in person I would
Ask the seller to take a few pics of undercarriage and exhaust. You will see the bypass valve if it a record monza. Like everything else caveat Emptor
Thx for your thoughts
Best CDNA
You can't take fender badging as a certainty, especially as many of us purchased the OEM fender badging to add to the car when the earlier Abarth versions didn't come with the badges or the steering wheel badge. Case in point: here's a photo of my car. A 2017 Abarth. It didn't come with a RM, but it was added afterwards, as were the fender badges.
View attachment 88247

The only absolutely certain way to confirm it has the RM is to get the photo from under the rear of the car. Abarth RM will have the embossed scorpion logo, and even more easier to spot, would be the valve/flap assembly that sits on the driver side of the exhaust. If might also show up as a line item in the build sheet if you can get the VIN and get the build sheet off the web. If you run the build sheet for your Abarth, does it show the Record Monza as a line item in the list of options?

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
This is an easy item to add. You’ll be more likely to find the car you want if you’re OK with adding the exhaust after delivery.

I’d like to buy the RM. Where is the best place online to currently order it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is an easy item to add. You’ll be more likely to find the car you want if you’re OK with adding the exhaust after delivery.

I ordered my RM thru my local dodge dealer end of March 2020 and got it 10 days later. I was very lucky it being pre-covid . Not sure what its like to order now re: delays etc.

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
Like BGcAnAda mentioned, a good place to start is by talking with your local dealer. The challenge (from what I've read from others here over the past few months), is that many of the online MOPAR parts sellers will gladly take your money, and then tell you the item is backordered with a delivery date of lord knows when. So start with your dealer and see if they can lay hands on one for you.

Reactions: SteveP.

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider, Mare Blue / Nero Abarth Leather, Brembo's, Record Monza, Automatic
694 Posts
The Record Monza was "unavailable" for months and months back a year ago, then available again, then sold out again. In my mind I think they will be available again (after all, they were a factory option and a lot of them are still under warranty - so at some point I think they have to be available again). Also, it doesn't matter what car line we talk about, some parts are hard to get now. We recently went through a spell where factory batteries were back ordered for 6 months! We were using aftermarket batteries for warranty replacement! I can't buy the flash unit I want for my Nikon camera, the dealers shelves are almost bare of new lenses! On and on. Be patient, sir, is my advice, and yes - talk to your dealer. Beg, maybe. (😀) I think one will show up eventually. Good luck, happy Spidering! Best, s.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can anyone identify this exhaust? I just ordered this car from Carvana, but I don't think it's a stock exhaust, and not a RM.

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Bumper

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Auto Ricambi.

·
Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver, visability, navigation, convenience packages, brembos
102 Posts
As Shark said, it's an Auto Ricambi. I added new 3.5" duel tips to each side for looks on mine saving 12+ lbs, and have never felt the need to go Record Monza.....your mileage may vary.

Reactions: CDNA

·
Registered
11 Posts

I found best place to order is direct from MOPAR Parts. Local Chrysler dealer installed it for about $70.00.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts