Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trading in my classica on a white abarth spider. It has black mirrors and trim. I do not want to put on the red mirrors. Do you think the red bumper trim would look ok without the red mirrors?. I plan on putting the abarth fender badges on and doing a red pinstripe on the outer edge of the factory wheels. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Get the Abarth, drive it around and slowly you add things. Nothing against the RED Mirror caps and the Red Toe,, I just want to be sarcastic. LOL

It reminds me putting red lip stick and red earings on the spider <BG>

now I going to get sacrificed.

Reactions: Butterpants

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I have the red lip and tow hook cover without red mirrors. I think, for me, the mirrors are too much...but it look good with or without. However, my XM antenna is also red (matte wrap on white).

I like the idea of a red pinstripe on the wheels, too.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

·
830 Posts
The AUto Ricambi Spider started off without the red mirrors. I liked it and I like it with the red.

and with the red

You can get the parts here if you are looking.

·
830 Posts
Thanks Codyroo! We like it too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
How was the red pinstripe effect done on the hood? I think it really does a fantastic job of dividing the black hood from the silver fenders and adding another subtle (yet dynamic) accent to the car. Just enough red on lip/tow cover/hood and brakes to look great without overdoing it. I like the black mirror caps rather than the red, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I think the AutoRacambi look is the best I have seen. Love the thin red pinstripe

Reactions: Codyroo and Brett67

·
830 Posts
How was the red pinstripe effect done on the hood? I think it really does a fantastic job of dividing the black hood from the silver fenders and adding another subtle (yet dynamic) accent to the car. Just enough red on lip/tow cover/hood and brakes to look great without overdoing it. I like the black mirror caps rather than the red, but that's just my opinion on the matter.
I did this using red vinyl pin striping. We also did it on our black Lusso and liked the results there.

·
830 Posts
Thanks!

I think the AutoRacambi look is the best I have seen. Love the thin red pinstripe
We were going after a distinctive look and I think we nailed it.

Reactions: Seagas and Codyroo

·
830 Posts
Advice

Any advice for putting on the bumper trim? Did you put any protective coating on the paint before sticking it on? 3M auto tape?
We did not do anything other than clean it really well. This is designed to go on permanently. I am sure it could be removed if needed but I doubt the need would arise.

We used 3m vinyl for our wraps and striping.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks. Just worried I may not like it after I install it. It looks badass when the hood is wrapped or on white paint but mine isn’t. I have the aluminum with no wrap.

Another stupid question. Did you use the 3m tape the full length of the bumper trim?

Any advice for putting on the bumper trim? Did you put any protective coating on the paint before sticking it on? 3M auto tape?
We did not do anything other than clean it really well. This is designed to go on permanently. I am sure it could be removed if needed but I doubt the need would arise.

We used 3m vinyl for our wraps and striping.

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
I think the white car benefits from the red "bits". I have a red Abarth, but think they would get lost, so haven't got them. I am considering a gunmetal lip to compliment the mirrors and windshield frame, and then paint the tow hook cover to almost match it.
best regards
Pete

·
Registered
660 Posts
I did all of the red Abarth stuff on mine except the tow hook cover... I don't really like the way it looks, it seems loudly out of place.

·
830 Posts
Another stupid question. Did you use the 3m tape the full length of the bumper trim?
The part we sell is from Mopar and it does not include the 3M tape. I would cut small strips and equally place them along the edge. It would be fairly easy to install, we have done it and it goes quickly. The mirror covers are a little more work to get on but once they are on look great.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts