Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe not anything anyone will ever notice but me but it'll drive me crazy now that I see it. Part of the red sticker covering the rear window defroster is missing. I searched the area where the roof tucks behind the seat and nothing. It may have been this way at the dealership but I didn't notice.
I can't unsee it now. I don't suppose there's anything I should do. I like perfect.

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
that is not a sticker. the red part is the conductor for the defroster grid. if it was continuous, the defroster grid would unevenly apply heat to the rear window. requiring two points of electrical connection to clear the window..

·
Registered
483 Posts
are you saying it's supposed to be this way?
yes or they forgot to put it on my car. the two wires from the harness plug into each side of that space, and current flows through the grid heating up. also the adhesive to bond the electrical connector to the window needs to be bonded to the glass, not a paint to stay connected.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
It looks like it's supposed to be that way...this picture is how my car was off the boat. You gotta live with it!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
at immigration

sounds like your car was an early 20th century immigrant, me and luigi just got "off the boat" we were in America...:laugh:

HAHA...Funny when I made the appointment to pick her up at the receiving station aka immigration!!!! I had to wait an extra 2 hours....why? they couldn't find the car! :eek:

reason? The were looking for a Fiat...and since the Abarth has NO FIAT emblem or badges (on the outside of the vehicle)...they kept walking right past it! :confused:

·
Registered
483 Posts
the problem was it was hiding in the shadows of the statue of liberty, taking a nap, and didn't hear it's name called. did it's paperwork get Americanized? something like fiat turning to fee yacht?

·
Registered
575 Posts
LOL oh how I love play on jokes..

but yes I do believe it's supposed to be like that. It's not one of those things that gets applied at the dealership or anything like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts