Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Understandable: the stubby is a lot shorter than the 'riding crop'. I, also, mostly listen to radio, both FM and HD, and have no issues - indeed, the reception is better than in my Suburban.

(However, I didn't have the OEM antenna on long enough to do a real comparison).

·
Registered
96 Posts
I ordered the stubby early on even though I kind of liked the longer antenna. Once I got the stubby on the car though my view changed, much nicer looking.

I am all satellite radio so cannot comment on AM/FM reception.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I ordered the stubby early on even though I kind of liked the longer antenna. Once I got the stubby on the car though my view changed, much nicer looking.

I am all satellite radio so cannot comment on AM/FM reception.

LOL.
Until I saw this thread, I never even noticed the antenna.
Now I'm looking at:
  1. lisence plate bracket
  2. shifter knob
  3. antenna.
Stop the madness :eek:

·
Registered
621 Posts
LOL.
Until I saw this thread, I never even noticed the antenna.
Now I'm looking at:
  1. lisence plate bracket
  2. shifter knob
  3. antenna.
Stop the madness :eek:
Be Careful, these people are freaking expensive!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered my Stubby today in black. I hope that it doesn't say "Little Stubby" on it like in the picture. That's not a nickname I want.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Guess I'm old school, retro looking antenna on a retro looking sports cars.
I agree, I like the way the whip antenna looks on the car.

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
I finally got around to buying the black stubby - for the life of me, I wonder why I didn't do this earlier...
Me too. I waited nearly a year before I replaced mine, but then again my entire car is black, so it's a good match. lol The one thing I remember is that someone on a forum made the comment that the huge stock antenna made the car look like it was a remote control toy, and after that I just couldn't shake that vision out of my mind. Love the stubby. And hey, if folks like the stock long version, that's cool too. Functionally, I just found it easier to put the car cover over the stubby as well. With the whip, I had to constantly take the thing on and off.

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
Ordered my Stubby today in black. I hope that it doesn't say "Little Stubby" on it like in the picture. That's not a nickname I want.
Ouch. It does say "little stubby" on it, but now there's an option where they'll print anything you want on it, given a total character limitation. I suspect one option would be to print nothing at all?

And, as one other person mentioned, one thing leads to another. Including parts and labour for the bits I didn't feel comfortable doing myself (like the intercooler replacement), I've got bloody near another $14k CAD into this thing since I took it home from the dealership. But I think the end is near... maybe...

Reactions: Mike34
21 - 29 of 29 Posts