Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble registering. I keep getting this message.The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed. How do I fix this?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I am guest trying to register as a new member, and I get the same error message as the OP. I've tried from 2 different Windows 10 computers and my Android phone to register. It asks me to create a user name, create a password using the character rules, asks for my email address, then I choose a registration verification method (email or text), and finally it asks to verify that I understand the user agreement terms (forum rules), to which I have the yes box checked. I do all of this, hit the Register button, and it bounces back with the error.

Second verse, same as the first...

There is no image verification function on any screen I've used, and I bet I've tried a dozen times in the past 24 hours. Help!

(pause, and edit)

I Google searched the term "124spider.org registration problems" or something like that. I found this thread started just earlier today and took a chance at replying. Before I could reply, a different method of registering came up. I followed it, and it worked. But the "Register" button on top the main/front page is not allowing people to register. Not yesterday or today, anyway. But I'm on, that's what counts.

Steve.

·
Banned
112 Posts
I am guest trying to register as a new member, and I get the same error message as the OP. I've tried from 2 different Windows 10 computers and my Android phone to register. It asks me to create a user name, create a password using the character rules, asks for my email address, then I choose a registration verification method (email or text), and finally it asks to verify that I understand the user agreement terms (forum rules), to which I have the yes box checked. I do all of this, hit the Register button, and it bounces back with the error.

There is no image verification function on any screen I've used, and I bet I've tried a dozen times in the past 24 hours. Help!

(pause, and edit)

I Google searched the term "124spider.org registration problems" or something like that. I found this thread started just earlier today and took a chance at replying. Before I could reply, a different method of registering came up. I followed it, and it worked. But the "Register" button on top the main/front page is not allowing people to register. Not yesterday or today, anyway. But I'm on, that's what counts.

Steve.
I went through the same issues. I could not remember my password (duh) and tried the password recovery link with the same results you mentioned. So I had to register a 2nd time. Also,you could not contact admin via their provided link for same reason-no image to verify!

·
Banned
425 Posts

(pause, and edit)

Steve.
Welcome and glad you made it. It is beginning to look like the biggest indicator that you might buy a spider it that you own, or have owned a moto guzzi MC.

·
Administrator
406 Posts
Hey all

Sorry for the trouble. I see the human verification is missing from registration. I'll have tech take a look at it.

You all seem to have been able to register through guest posting now - are you still having any trouble on the site?

Dayle

·
Banned
112 Posts
Hey all

Sorry for the trouble. I see the human verification is missing from registration. I'll have tech take a look at it.

You all seem to have been able to register through guest posting now - are you still having any trouble on the site?

Dayle
Please also notice it was missing from password recovery and ability to contact admin (you)!
Thanks for noticing our concerns and taking action.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Please also notice it was missing from password recovery and ability to contact admin (you)!
Thanks for noticing our concerns and taking action.
Yes, as mentioned (which I forgot in my first message), I could not even contact Admin to report the problem through the "contact us" link, you needed the verification.

I did see a verification function tonight, though, as I was entering my user name and password. As far as I can tell, it's working now.

Thanks,
Steve.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Welcome and glad you made it. It is beginning to look like the biggest indicator that you might buy a spider it that you own, or have owned a moto guzzi MC.
Hi Stelvio-

Yes, I do own a Moto Guzzi right now, along with a Yamaha FJR1300. My first Guzzi was a 2004 California EV, bought new in '05, sold in '07 due to ergonomic problems. I love the Guzzis, though.

And by your photo and user name, it is safe to say you enjoy life with a MG Stelvio?

Steve.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Hi Stelvio-

Yes, I do own a Moto Guzzi right now, along with a Yamaha FJR1300. My first Guzzi was a 2004 California EV, bought new in '05, sold in '07 due to ergonomic problems. I love the Guzzis, though.

And by your photo and user name, it is safe to say you enjoy life with a MG Stelvio?

Steve.
Yes, as well as a 2003 California Aluminum, very similar to the EV. There are other Guzzi owners on this board.

·
Registered
165 Posts
That makes three of us. There is a character trend here.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I'm certain that once one has owned an Italian vehicle of any kind, you also contract a lifelong virus, of which the only cure is lifelong Italian vehicle ownership. They make you laugh, they make you cry, but you just can't stay away from them.

Steve.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
I believe that Italian vehicles are deliberately made imperfect...they all have at least one significant flaw. You love them and are infuriated by them...often in equal measure...but you can't take them for granted or be unmoved by them. And that may actually be an issue for the 124. It's not really bad at anything. Can it be a proper Italian?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I believe that Italian vehicles are deliberately made imperfect...they all have at least one significant flaw. You love them and are infuriated by them...often in equal measure...but you can't take them for granted or be unmoved by them. And that may actually be an issue for the 124. It's not really bad at anything. Can it be a proper Italian?
In a way you are talking about a human spouse.

Back to your topic, I'm infuriated by the hard inside driver's door handle and how it hurts my knee when leaning against it. I've ordered a "temporary" padded weight lifter's wrist strap to cushion it. That's honestly the only beef I have about the car. It's beautiful...just like the Italian movie stars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts