Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks....As "I hope" a responsible and caring Member of this close community of friends I want to share with you all and contribute a little.......
With all of the above happening around us, many of us have contributed to our own sanity and that of our fellow Members with digression threads on subjects like Favorite Pets, Gun collections, Liquor collections, P*ss taking (me) as well as our recent and past Mods to our Beautiful 124 Spiders............I see and hear through the Media that the lasting effects are now showing through some people's behaviour or introspection,so.....With your permission...I spent my last few years working life as a Residential Social Worker working with children 10-16 yrs of age then at "Rehab" where I wrote and performed the following for The Staff and The Residents many times, and "It Always" went down well so maybe, just maybe it could be a fillip for you or for a suffering loved one or friend to seek help. If it helps, Pass it on.
Proud to be a Member of the 124Spider.org Community, Cheers
ron

Reactions: XtremeRevolution

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
"Rehab"

Deep in the forest down our way, there's a place you may stay, guilt, anger, shame and fear, using, abusing, drugs or beer. Detox isn't easy you want to shout, support each other....that's what it's all...about.
(chorus)
Join the programme full of remorse, begin the steps and stay the course, visits from loved ones meeting them clean, seeing, believing is what I mean, time for you to get out your pen, draw a line...start all over.... again.
(chorus)
Use your ears to open your eyes, then your mouth and be surprised, emotions flowing tears they fall, chin is lifting feelings recall, questions to ask answers to tell, gaining strength...oh yeah you're doing...... well.
(music)
The end is near their ringing the bell, you can face it now your well, lessons learnt studied deep, top of the class and off the heap, shakes and hugs enjoy the clap, get in that taxi....and don't you dare look... back.

"Chorus"

The demons are coming the battle is on must stick to it thinking number one,
Pretty soon now the anger will fade, tired yes...but out of the shade.

Music & Lyrics by ron allen

"The Rooms" (meetings) have been closed many months now so a little reminder may help.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This morning 15/09/20 the UK News channels are stating that alcohol misuse has doubled due to lockdown and job security stress, so,for those who may have concerns..........anywhere, Stay Safe, Look out for each other, Sponsors and yourselves. Cheers
ron

Reactions: Bob T

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
132 Posts
Thank you for your service to society. I, too, work with children and teens with unique emotional and behavioral needs as a therapist. Services for them are needed more now than ever.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So they only count alcohol "misuse" there? Like cheap beer, or mixing cola with good whiskey?

What about those of us that use it properly? Straight up, with maybe a little ice? :unsure:
Hi Bob...I was reporting what I heard Mate, The Recovering Alcoholics already know what they need to do and nobody can do it for them, just remind substance abuse sufferers that support is there for them, however, the news reports today are about national alcohol abuse /misuse having doubled during the last few months due to the above, we are talking folk who would have normally only used minimal units of drink weekly now consuming much more as again, for all the above reasons, and more, they are finding that drinking that much helps them get through the day, which in turn "for some people" that misuse has turned to abuse and whether they realise it or not ...many now need help. From a Government point of view that would meant greater call on financial and medical resources as family life and / or work / production hours are lost. Sad.

Reactions: Bob T and Arthur

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your service to society. I, too, work with children and teens with unique emotional and behavioral needs as a therapist. Services for them are needed more now than ever.
Yes, I worked with those kids too (10-16 year olds) and the Covid-19 must have had a great effect on how Residential support is approached....For those who do not know, we are talking "children" with backgrounds "Project124" describes, that shows in the kids lack of trust in grown ups; The kids spit at you, physically attack you, have to be restrained on occasions for your and their own safety, they climb onto roofs and throw tiles, smash up work cars (though seldom personal vehicles), set fires, abscond, attempt / commit suicide so Carers leave the job anyway, but in Covid times...I expect "many more" are leaving that work, support for the kids during crisis will be muted and indeed services will be stretched beyond any previous levels, which is tough on everyone concerned.......... At least working at "Rehab" we could support verbally, residents were mature enough to take responsibility and face up to / deal with and come to terms with their position so make plans, whereas the children can not be expected to understand therefore cannot begin to trust, so for people like you, "Major Respect". Cheers
ron

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
For anyone who does not, but wants to understand the above discussion I can only say that I too didn't really understand either....Whilst serving in the Armed Forces, on occasion Front Line, I witnessed stuff, was part of stuff and left stuff behind, some of my "Oppos" (friends) didn't. We all liked to play sport then go for a beer or eight and one good friend, a "Chief" found himself in the Royal Navy Rehab facility; Ttwo floors, mostly "Submariners" ground floor, gone a little crazy, Alcoholics top floor (no drugs them days in RN). A group of us visited and sneaked him in a bottle of whiskey, as he was a mate !! We thought we were doing good, he loved the fact that we supported him....we also unknowingly helped Kill Him through our lack of knowledge. Civilian life is No different of course, people under pressure, stressed out, lose themselves in a bottle or some substance or other, relationships break down, crime follows, homelessness and suicide waiting just around the corner................
At present and never before within any of our life times....Covid-19, Climate Change and many other areas of life our impacting on us in ways never experienced, for many we find our way through various avenues but for some, mostly without them even realising that it is happening, they find that they are struggling and so need our understanding and maybe our support too.........

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi Bob...I was reporting what I heard Mate, The Recovering Alcoholics already know what they need to do and nobody can do it for them, just remind substance abuse sufferers that support is there for them, however, the news reports today are about national alcohol abuse /misuse having doubled during the last few months due to the above, we are talking folk who would have normally only used minimal units of drink weekly now consuming much more as again, for all the above reasons, and more, they are finding that drinking that much helps them get through the day, which in turn "for some people" that misuse has turned to abuse and whether they realise it or not ...many now need help. From a Government point of view that would meant greater call on financial and medical resources as family life and / or work / production hours are lost. Sad.
Ron...
I realize now my reply to your post was rather flippant, considering the content of the thread. I just responded to the "latest" post without reviewing. I'll delete that now, and pay more attention later.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ron...
I realize now my reply to your post was rather flippant, considering the content of the thread. I just responded to the "latest" post without reviewing. I'll delete that now, and pay more attention later.
No concern here Bob, I know you well enough by now.....I was thinking actually (not often I know)...How are you getting on with all those terrible fires across parts of the USA, that photo of your Spider coming through the mist and all that forest area made my wonder ? I know we have forum buddies spread far and wide.......Cheers
ron

Reactions: Bob T

·
Registered
361 Posts
No concern here Bob, I know you well enough by now.....I was thinking actually (not often I know)...How are you getting on with all those terrible fires across parts of the USA, that photo of your Spider coming through the mist and all that forest area made my wonder ? I know we have forum buddies spread far and wide.......Cheers
ron
No worries for me and mine from the fire, although we have friends out that way. (Who are safe right now)
The west coast is over 2000 miles away from our home. It's a large country.

Reactions: Brexit !

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I live in Portland, OR, about 1/2 mile from downtown. The protesting (and, lets face it, there has been some rioting) has occurred audibly from here since May. Then the fires. This has become a pretty dystopian place, but I'm happy to have the likes of @Brexit amongst us, even if we might debate and disagree about certain particulars, should we be fortunate enough to be face to face at some point. Thank you for caring, sir!

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I live in Portland, OR, about 1/2 mile from downtown. The protesting (and, lets face it, there has been some rioting) has occurred audibly from here since May. Then the fires. This has become a pretty dystopian place, but I'm happy to have the likes of @Brexit amongst us, even if we might debate and disagree about certain particulars, should we be fortunate enough to be face to face at some point. Thank you for caring, sir!
All contributions and discussion always welcome.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts